Great Moments In Commercial History: Mo Money Taxes

Bo writes:

Alright, I see that y’all have decided to highlight some of the greatest commercials in history and I just wanted to make sure you didn’t leave out THE best one of them all. There is a tax place here in Memphis (and other southern locations) called Mo Money Taxes that has produced the most mesmerizing commercials I have ever seen. I truly question the mental competence of anyone who would put these people in charge of their taxes after seeing this commercial.

So do we, Bo. So do we.

If you’d like to nominate a commercial for Great Moments in Commercial History, send your nomination to tips [at]consumerist [dot] com. Please put “Great Moments in Commercial History” in the subject. —MEGHANN MARCO

Comments

1. matt1978 says:

The Commercial Appeal (Memphis paper) recently did an article on Mo’ Money. The 2 founders are raking in the money. They’ve been in business since ’98 (i think), and every year they put out a commercial like the one above. Same main cast, the fat white guy always quotes an slightly “underground” rap song. Entertainment!

2. MattyMatt says:

I think my favorite part is at 30 seconds in, when one of the incompetent sidekicks gyrates after pulling out his gun. It looks like he’s trying to do a sensual dance.

3. josh1701 says:

Those from Philadelphia and environs will remember the immortal commercials for the Krass Brothers clothing store. Check them out online: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=krass+brothers

Enjoy!

4. AErikson says:

In the Baltimore/D.C. area, we have the always memorable Eastern Motors commercials 1, 2.

It’s not unusual to find two of these commerials airing during a single mid-afternoon commercial break on local broadcast.

5. Jesse in Japan says:

What exactly is this supposed to be an ad for?