Human Blood in KFC

A North Carolina man is claiming that there was blood in his KFC sandwich, and KFC corporate isn’t denying it. Nathan Toothman says he ate two sandwiches from KFC before opening a third, which he claims contained a smear of blood. From Abc 11:

He took the wrapper back to the KFC and showed it to the manager. He says he was met with nothing but evasiveness and defensiveness. “They didn’t want to hear it. I kept hearing it’s not blood. There’s no way that happened…it couldn’t happen here.”

Toothman says he called the general manager of this KFC and the health department. After the health department got involved, Nathan says the GM agreed to sit down with him. She asked Toothman what he wanted, and Toothman said, “I want 2 things. First of all, I want for you to take steps to ensure that this doesn’t happen again because it’s disgusting and it made me, you know, sick, and it is sick. And I said secondly, I would like for you to pay for me to get a blood test against all blood borne pathogens.”

He eventually got his blood test paid for by KFC, after ABC’s reporter called KFC on his behalf. —MEGHANN MARCO

Disgust Over Fast Food Order [ABC 11]

RELATED: Customer Claims There Was Human Blood In Her Taco Bell

Comments

1. ElizabethD says:

The name Toothman is too perfect for this post.

But anyway: ewwwww!

2. bosrican says:

He ate two KFC sandwiches and was on his way to a third and all of a sudden he’s concerned with his health?

3. DeeJayQueue says:

That’s good.

-It sucks real bad that something like that happened, but it is possible however unlikely.

-The good part is that the guy seemed civilized and didn’t want to sue for a billion dollarz or something, he just wanted to make sure it wasn’t going to happen to anyone else, and to make sure he was ok. That’s reasonable and I’m happy that KFC resolved it.

-They shouldn’t have had to get the media involved, but sometimes it takes the potentially shaming media spotlight to get these people into action.

-Yum Brands is just not having a good run lately no?

4. holocron says:

BAH! What?!?! He didn’t ask for free KFC for life?!

Fool!

5. Jon Karak says:

Isn’t it odd to be repulsed by blood when consuming a (presumed) meat filled sandwich? Would Mr. Toothman be just as horrified if the blood was from a chicken?

6. Can you get sick eating blood? Don’t the acids and bacteria in your stomach pretty much kill everything?

7. I’m a litle confused… Nowhere in the story does it say that it was confirmed as blood. For all we know it was barbecue sauce and this is just another trigger-happy litigation case.

Look, I’m as much for making companies pay for their wrongdoings as the next guy, but in this case there is no evidence that it was blood to begin with, so I’m really not on one side or the other.

8. vanilla-fro says:

I like that this guy just wants to be tested. Too many people go right to trying to get money, what good does the money actually do? It’s not like these companies can’t afford it so it’s no punishment and it won’t fix whatever may be wrong for you, it’s just a lottery win.

9. SexCpotatoes says:

Barbeque sauce?

10. homerjay says:

Am I the only one leaving room for the possibility that this guy possibly bit into his own finger whilst mowing through the first two sandwitches?

Really, if you’re capable of eating (at least) three sandwitches from KFC, isn’t it possible that you’re also able to ingest your own hand without noticing?

11. Antediluvian says:

If you’re having trouble w/ a restaurant, call the city’s Health Department. Larger cities have a full-time restaurant inspection staff. In Boston, you can visit the city’s web site and report a violation online, anonymously (as anonymous as anything else online, anyway). And in Boston, they do follow up. I have thing about employees not understanding that the gloves they wear are not used to keep their hands clean, but to keep our food safe. It’s a personal pet peeve. So don’t wipe your nose w/ your gloved hand and then refill the lettuce container.

Anyway, call the health department. A day closed costs a restaurant a lot more than a single day’s earnings.

12. thejbs says:

Could I get the soylent green combo with a diet coke?

13. SuperJdynamite says:

I guess the Coronel is down to 10 secret spices.

14. acambras says:

@homerjay:

You have made my day! :-)