Jack Black's Beard Lube

This photo just arrived in our Inbox with little explanation or fanfare.

Research finds that the product is well regarded on Amazon.com. —MEGHANN MARCO

Comments

1. phloighd says:

“Customers who bought this item also bought… Crime and Punishment (Bantam Classics) by Fyodor Dostoevsky”

Ahh, yes. Tenacious D and Fyodor D, they go hand in hand.

2. loquaciousmusic says:

You can also buy the beard lube and “Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub” for a measly $33! That’s the best $33 I’ll ever spend! I wish I hadn’t just shaved my beard.

3. ACurmudgeon says:

I did not think that the grooming products had anything except the name in common with Ten D….

4. zaky says:

Don’t mock Jack Black (the product, not the actor. Mock away in regards to the actor)! I don’t know about the “beard lube” but the lip balm is f’ing AMAZING—-and only 6 bucks at your local Sephora. Seriously, it’s fantastic.

5. mikesfree says:

I see an expose on how this product has not marketed itself well enough to be know by the general public.

6. no.no.notorious says:

Jack Black knows how to groom himself?

7. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

I would be afraid to use that product on my beard, for fear the eucalyptus would draw unwanted koala bears.

8. Pelagius says:

Does it stop beardruff?

9. oudemia says:

OK, weird. Yesterday I was looking up “Christian Louboutin” on the Neiman Marcus website (don’t judge me), and the seach screen briefly went to a listing of the various Louboutin shoes sold, but quickly switched to a big picture and write up of THAT STUFF.

10. hockalees says:

I have bought and used this product (Nordstrom sells it). I love it. The problem is that it is pretty freaking expensive for shaving cream.

This summer, I found that Edge came out with their ActiveCare products… the Revitaling one is an almost dead-ringer for the Jack Black cream. And it is a quarter of the cost:

11. Gopher bond says:

No thanks, I make my own.

12. billybastion says:

my wife got me this exact product as part of my christmas present.

let me say this: it is the best shaving stuff i have ever and will ever use (my future self came back to tell me so). it makes your face tingle and the hair just comes right out.

i also have the lip balm, as mentioned by another poster, and it too is amazing.

if you have sensitive skin or just want to get a good shave, id seriously consider investing in some of this product, its done wonders for me.

13. czechm8 says:

Also try this: http://products2.nivea.com/products.php?page_id=140&lan=me

I think it may be better than JB’s.

14. pitters says:

My wife gave me this product, the energizing scrub, and an aftershave product from the same set as a holiday gift (unlike the Verizon ad, I don’t feel like I got hosed).

At any rate, all three of the products are nice, and make shaving in the morning at least a little less annoying, which is about all you can hope for.

15. lpranal says:

ACTUALLY, this is interesting because I just found out that the fluid my Remington shaver uses to self-clean is basically nothing more than alcohol and a little bit of jojoba and eucalyptis oils. Looks like with this, I can mix up about 8 gallons worth. Score.

16. edwardoneill says:

I am so glad you posted this. I have been fucking so many beards, and they were really dry! This should help a lot.

17. MarcAnthony says:

Jack Black sucks! It smells like crap (eucalyptus) and its just as boring as any other shaving lotion…they all arent reallly worth the 10′s 20′s and 30′s we spend for them…

THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE KIEHLS PRODUCTS, KIEHLS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Josh Smith says:

any reason this is on consumerist? or did I miss something?

19. PatBateman says:

I used this ‘beard lube’ for a few years (before I switched to electric) and it really was amazing. Those quirky extracts make your face a little numb, making the shave extremely smooth. It’s clear and involves no foam, so it’s easy on your skin, and easier to see what you’re doing. A big plus is I think it is totally unrelated to the hollywood clown.

20. samrosenb says:

this is what i use:

15.50 for a tube and you only have to use a very small amount. i’ve been using the same tube for over three months now (however, i shave only around twice a week…a perk of working in the entertainment industry).

21. Chris says:

The photo didn’t need any explanation, but I think a good deal of fanfare was in order.

22. Stepehn Colbert says:

try using olive oil, it works better, and its much better for your skin if you use a cleanser afterward on your face.

23. infinitysnake says:

Ha, can’t beat my son’s “goat lube” bento box…

24. Judge373 says:

My ex-GF gave me some Jack Black one time…it worked pretty well, and smelled pretty nice. It also felt really strong when you put it on, so you KNOW it’s working.