Admit it, you’ve done nothing and planned nothing for Valentine’s Day. You have ignored our deals. You have ignored our reminders. Now you need something, anything, for that special someone. It’s ok. We’ve got ideas, you jerk.
1) Breakfast in Bed. This is thoughtful and cheap. You can even go to a fast food place and get his/her favorite fast food breakfast and serve it to her/him in bed with a bunch of flowers from the grocery store. It’s the thought that counts.
2) CD or iPod Playlist. Pick stuff you know your Valentine would like, but maybe don’t own or haven’t heard yet. Or maybe put together a playlist of songs that have meaning. Beware: Some people find this cheesy and annoying, particularly if you are one of those music nerd people who is always giving mixes to people. If your Valentine will also get a “Casimir Pulaski Day Mix,” choose another option.
3) Wine. You don’t have to spend a fortune for a good bottle. Buy some nice wine, make dinner and do the dishes.
4) Books. Buy your favorite book for your Valentine and write a nice sappy love message inside the cover.
5) Home Spa. Buy some spa stuff and create a spa in your own home. Bath salts, massage oil, flower petals, whatever. Light some candles, slap cucumbers on her/his eyes, whatever they do at spas. Listen to Enya. Ok, not that last part.
What are you ideas for cheap last minute gifts? Share them in the comments.—MEGHANN MARCO