Comcast Wants You To Send Your Bill To A Mythical Greek Woman Nursed By A Bear

Comcast is asking you to send your bills to a character in Greek mythology (Not that the Consumerist never has a typo, but we digress…)

As Reader Bob said in his email: ” I doubt one character from Greek mythology can process all these bills.” Then again, she was the fastest runner in Greece, you know. Maybe she’s also good at billing.—MEGHANN MARCO

Comments

1. FLConsumer says:

Maybe this non-existent location is where Comcast’s non-existent/unreachable Florida customer service is as well.

2. Chairman-Meow says:

I’m ur deityz
    Cashin ur checkz

3. Kung Fu Cantona says:

Is anyone else set up for their automatic bill pay? Mine is set for the 19th every month, but they didin’t actually withdrawl my money until February 2, and then sent me an overdue notice but told me not to send payment because I am scheduled for automatic bill pay.

4. magic8ball says:

My health insurance gives us examples of how to fill out our personal information on our claims, and the imaginary names/addresses they use as examples are names of characters from the movie “Firefly.”

5. Dustbunny says:

If you’re a Comcast customer, the most appropriate Greek deity is probably Sysiphus.

6. acambras says:

Is anyone else set up for their automatic bill pay?

Comcast offered me this “opportunity,” but there is no way in hell they’re getting their grubby little mitts on my checking account info.

7. pdxguy says:

@Dustbunny:

Couldn’t have said it better! I nominate yours for comment of the day.

8. freya says:

Comcast used to consistently send me my next month’s statement saying I owed for the previous month as well. Every month I would call to make sure they had received my payment. When I complained about this, the CSR told me that I should be send in my payment so it would arrive 10 business days before my due date. That way they could process it on time (10 days to process a payment? What, you have 3 people doing it?). I tried to explain that if my payment needed to be there 10 days earlier, then that made my due date 10 days earlier. He argued with me for awhile. Now I just check my account online to make sure they receive my payment by the (correct and actual) due date.

9. Kung Fu Cantona says:

But wouldnt you think that with automatic bill pay that shouldnt be an issue?

10. Dustbunny says:

pdxguy: awww, thanks…are you from Portland, OR too?

11. krunk4ever says:

I just use a credit card for automatic bill pay every month. That way I can dispute charges if they decide to play any tricks.

12. pdxguy says:

@Dustbunny

former Portlander – lived there for about 13 years until the lack of sunshine drove me to sunnier climes. thx.