Nice Ties From Cyberoptix

Check out these snazzy hand screen-printed ties from Cyberoptix.

We’re partial to the Ghostly International, poppies, and ex-libris.

The ties go for $30 or $40, depending on whether you choose poly-blend or black or white 100% charmeuse silk tie.

These ties are the perfect way to say, “I’m hip, AND I have I job.” — BEN POPKEN

Cyberboptix [via Murketing]

Comments

1. KesCaesar says:

Ben- they’re nice ties, but is this an ad?

2. Ben Popken says:

Nope I just like the ties.

3. MarcAnthony says:

THOSE TIES ARE FREAKING HOT!!!!!
    I WANT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. snowferret says:

Isn’t the consumerist supposed to tell us to save our money and spend it wisely? This seems a little out of character. Still they are nice ties and I’ve been meaning to get some nice dress clothes…

5. Papa K says:

Perfect way for my corporate job to know that – hey, I’m still an individual and I refuse to conform to your standards.

HA!

I wish I was joking, but I really want those ties now. Damn corporate culture.

6. ArtlessDodger says:

I think if I saw a guy in a business meeting in the industry I work in with the freaky (and frisky!) tie on the left, I’d think it was pretty strange and depending on the circumstances, inappropriate.

and @snowferret — From my business experience, it is often pretty necessary to have nice clothing — and sadly — $30 for a nice tie isn’t terrible. As smart as you may be, often times, you will be snubbed if you look like your suit/tie/shirt/etc fell out of the bargain bit @ walmart.

7. An undocumented side effect of wearing these ties causes the wearer a cramp in the shoulder and elbow creating constant discomfort requiring an elbow rest for relief. Also, the tie causes one to look pouty, confused, and contemplative all at the same time.

I’m afraid that if I purchase one of these ties that I will suddenly get limp wrist like the fellow in the right picture and then I dont know how to explain that look on their faces but it sure is hillarious.

Nice ties btw. I also have been bitten by the impulse purchase bug.

8. krunk4ever says:

I agree with KesCaesar and snowferret, that this entry really feels out of place for this blog. First thing when I read the title, I thought it was an ad. Then when you stated the price of $30-40, it really started to feel like an ad.

I’d admit that the designs are cool, but there are tons of cool items with cool designs and a blog that features fashion tips or stuff about coolness I can see blogging about it. But The Consumerist is known for fighting for the consumer, tips on saving money, and other useful consumer knowledge, and this blog just felt really out of place. Spending money you save on $30-40 ties is not in my opinion a good investment just because they look neat.

Just my 2¢

9. flyover says:

hm, Johnny O, Ghostly… Ben, you from Detroit?

10. biggeek says:

These ties are the perfect way to say “I have no taste.”