Super Bowl Ad Spoilers

Finally, this year there is a Super Bowl worth watching for the game, rather than the ads, which promise to be boring and lame. If you’d like to spoil them for yourself, check out USA Today.

Question: Will one P. Manning be shown on the screen more during the game, or during the ads? And will we ever escape that “Our Country” Chevy commercial?—MEGHANN MARCO

Advertisers kick off dash for Super Bowl commercial slots [USA Today]

Comments

1. SpecialK says:

For what it’s worth, only one of the marketers that uses Peyton (Sprint) is currently signed up for an in-game spot.

And f-ck the Bears.

Signed,
    A broken-hearted and bitter Saints fan

2. Falconfire says:

It says, “An ad such as this would be a strong and a direct insult to the 12.8 million Americans who work in the restaurant industry.”

Yes cause I could see K-fed working in a McD’s like setting being a huge slight on all those 5 start chefs making up the ranks of the National Restaurant Association…

Give me a fregging break. I know VERY WELL the brain surgeons who make up your ranks. There are plenty of posts on this site that show the education level of your common short order cook to warrant the ridicule it gets.

3. Steve Anderson just wants his 15 minutes. He can’t possibly be offended that fry cooks are not considered to be as cool and successful as rap stars.

Unless, of course, he’s just insane.

4. Meg Marco says:

I think they were just offended by the notion that K-Fed was qualified to be a fry cook.

5. Sudonum says:

Do we know that he’s qualified to be a fry cook?

6. adamondi says:

My cat is qualified to be a fry cook.

Anyway, I can’t wait until Chevy finally decides to pull those crappy “Our Country” ads. Hopefully they will go away after the Super Bowl. I am just afraid for what they will foist on us every commercial break next football season.

7. seriously, coke has had some pretty damned good creative teams working on those ads. there’s been 5 or 6 over the past year or so that have been really inventive. (no, i don’t work for coke.)

8. …then i just read falcon’s comment and was left speechless by the irony. someone needs a hug. and a spellchecker.

9. Mr. Gunn says:

Seconding specialK. I hope they get their asses whipped. I think the ads Peyton’s done are funny, but that “Our Country” ad can go away now, IMO.

10. Falconfire says:

or Dave needs to run my comment through the spell check and see that what I wrote was correct. Grammar sucked, and I used fregging other than fuck, but correct.