Burger King: Would You Like Meth With That?

If you need another reason not to eat fast food, here it is: A manager of a California Burger King was caught using the drive-thru to sell methamphetamine. The customer would place their food order (and their drug order) through the drive-thru ordering system and manager Michelle Filby would fill it.

Then, of course, the customers would drive around, where they’d pick up and pay for their drugs (and food.) Narcotics officers shut down the Burger King and caught Michelle with 5 grams of meth. She’s being held for suspicion of possessing a controlled substance for sale, maintaining a place for drug sales, and committing a felony after being released by a court in connection with another crime.

Gives a whole new meaning to “Wake Up With the King” doesn’t it? —MEGHANN MARCO

Police: Worker Sold Drugs At Marysville Drive-Through [KCRA]

Comments

1. TedSez says:

Oddly enough, officials said that daily customers who ordered the methamphetamine ended up healthier than those who ordered the breakfast sandwich.

2. bndocksnt says:

This makes me suspicious of other establishments. For example: I have always wondered about 24 hour drive through espresso stands. Who’s buying coffee at 3am?

3. inzain says:

If you need another reason not to eat fast food

No way. At least this means I get my money’s worth from the drivethrough.

4. Scazza says:

bndocksnt, I am guessing you are not a canuk… here we have tim hortons that is always got people at it 24/7… I have frequented there at 3am many times for COFFEE… lol

5. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

The question is, which is more likely to kill you..the super deluxe double bacon cheese grease-muffin or the meth?

6. etinterrapax says:

I wonder how you’d do that. The article didn’t say. “I’d like the #1 meal with a Coke and a side of meth”?

7. aestheticity says:

Presumably a code used amongst her contacts. If other employees knew, I’m impressed, but you’d expect they’d have been busted too. Having said which, having worked in places like this, they should have been thankful for a manager who actually works, even if it is to sell drugs to customers.

8. crayonshinobi says:

The King says, “Have it your way!”

9. schvitzatura says:

Eventually the “customers” would have their cars repo’ed and develop meth mouth.

Then they would try to do a “walk-up” to the counter and order.

Oh my…

10. Where was this place ten years ago?

Err, I mean, the audacity!

I’m outraged.

11. SexCpotatoes says:
  12. SexCpotatoes says:

whoops, sorry there, meth coffee commercial