AllState Insurance Expedites Reader’s Claim

We don’t know whether it’s a coincidence or whether our post, “AllState Insurance Doesn’t Include Agent Dennis Haysbert” hit a nerve, but Nancy just wrote in to say AllState is expediting her claim:

“Allstate apologized! They called and apologized! Holy cow!

I don’t know what you guys did, but it worked. They ungummed the works and my claim is being expedited. WOW.

Please post this note, too. We have to give credit where it’s due. Wow. I’m still sitting here stunned.

Nancy A”

That’s the power of namedropping Dennis Haysbert in a headline. Shit gets taken care of. — BEN POPKEN

Comments

1. homerjay says:

While you’re busy making a sidebar to follow ongoing issues, you might want to have a page that houses all the consumerist success stories. They’re starting to add up, even though there’s no DIRECT evidence that this site was what turned them around.

2. acambras says:

Wow — how cool would it have been if Dennis Haysbert himself had called her to apologize on Allstate’s behalf?

I’m hoping for some phone time with the gecko someday.

3. pronell says:

I really have to agree with Homerjay, and I’ve been thinking along those lines for a long time.

You’ve started to demonstrate to both companies and consumers that this blog has some clout. Double it. Make companies _desperate_ to be on the list of success stories, and more consumers will look here first before making major commitments.

With so many industries – insurance, communications, transportation, grocery/food service – their services are essential to our daily lives. Companies that consistently do the right thing deserve outright praise, and companies that do the right thing when attention has been brought to the issue also deserve some commendation.

4. iamjames says:

I’m a Allstate agent and commented the original article, and although I didn’t have anything to do with Allstate expediting her claim we do enjoy reading a good blog or two and it’s not unlikely a local agent looked her up (I’m in another state) and fixed the problem.

Glad to hear everything worked out and thanks for posting the resolution.

5. timmus says:

It kind of sucks that it takes humiliation like this to get a company to play fair. I think readers should bear in mind that how a company performs when they’re not in the spotlight is the true measure of their quality.

6. Mad_Science says:

I’d say the point of the Consumerist is to make sure they’re always in the spotlight, and thus will always act accordingly.

7. buthidae says:

Top shelf, Consumerist! I believe the phrase “power to the people” may apply?

Best of luck to Nancy getting her claim sorted out to her satisfaction.