Burger King To Add Breakfast Value Menu

Starting Feb 19, Burger King will add Breakfast items to its Value Menu. From Forbes:

The menu will feature 10 offerings with prices beginning at $1, including French toast sticks, a sausage biscuit, hash browns, cinnamon buns, coffee, milk, soda, orange juice and a new Hamlette sandwich, made with ham, cheese and egg.

Another new breakfast offering is Cheesy Tots, or cheese inside a potato crust.

My, that sounds healthy. The Breakfast Value Menu will be available during normal breakfast hours. —MEGHANN MARCO

Burger King Adding Breakfast Menu Items [Forbes]

Comments

1. VG10 says:

My god, I cant stand going to these types of places. Subway is the only fast food I can stand now, everything at these places are so unhealthy.

2. TheUpMyAssPlayers says:

Gross gross and more gross. If you’re that desperate for fast food, get into a gas station and buy a powerbar, those triple threat bars are yummy and they won’t bring on palpitations, or a stroke.

3. TheUpMyAssPlayers says:

And yeah, i’ll admit to having partaken in my share of french toast sticks, and now I have to work my ass off (literally) in the gym to pay for that mistake.

Blech.

4. kerry says:

“Hamlette?”
    Seriously, “Hamlette?!”

5. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

Hamlette? O_o

I’ll order it with a Ceasar salad.

6. Falconfire says:

powerbars arnt much better for you either JoeMomma. Has no one heard of oatmeal, or a piece of fruit? or SOEMTHING other than the mass-produced shit people eat.

I have a banana and a bowl of Oatmeal every day at my desk at work. No one complains and its filling and makes me eat less over the course of the day.

and I dont have to worry abotu what funky shit they put into the thing to preserve the stuff.

7. WindowSeat says:

I can scramble a couple of eggs at home for about twenty cents. Value Meal indeed.

8. bluegus32 says:

Well obviously nobody here cares about this information. But I do. Sometimes, nothing beats a good meal of junk food. So for those of us who believe in our right to put whatever the hell we want in our own bodies, I thank you Consumerist for posting this information.

And, seriously, a PowerBar? Those things are nasty. I say go for a banana and an apple if you want to eat a healthy breakfast. Somehow, eating a processed food “bar” is not my idea of a meal.

9. timmus says:

Not to join the mob or anything, but I’ve never understood the popularity of mega-calorie/mega-sugar breakfasts. Have you ever seen the selections at a hotel conference breakfast spread? Pastries, sweets, and high-fructose drinks. Not only does that stuff make me feel like crap but doubly so in the morning (something having to do with massive blood sugar changes, I’m guessing).

I like occasional chocolates, sugar, and cake as much as the next person, but I can’t seem to stomach anything in the morning as far as fast food except a breakfast burrito (which is largely protein). EggMcMuffin type entrees are passable. But most American breakfast foods I just can’t comprehend.

10. Pelagius says:

This is why we shouldn’t increase the minimum wage. Please, won’t someone think of the frugal yet morbidly obese children?

11. LatherRinseRepeat says:

I think Burger King has the worst breakfast. Seems very greasy compared to the breakfast food at McDonalds. I only get the egg McMuffins, as it seems to be the “healthiest” item on the entire breakfast menu. Plus, they’re usually 2 for $3.

12. Dustbunny says:

Mmmm….cheesy tots. Me like. And the Hamlette — to eat or not to eat?

13. TedSez says:

French toast sticks = starch and sugar dipped in sugar syrup; sausage biscuit = saturated fat surrounded by starch; hash browns = starch fried in (trans-?)fat; cinnamon buns = starch with sugar and saturated fat; Hamlette sandwich = saturated fat (and some protein — yay!) surrounded by starch. And then cheesy tots, because there’s nothing that can’t be improved with a little mor saturated fat.

14. J DTZR says:

I know it isn’t exactly heart smart, but them Cheezy Tots sound mighty tasty to my white trash tastebuds. Fat is flavor.

15. pego says:

“Hamlette”- he he. Does it come with a Danish?

16. Youthier says:

Wow… I’m with you bluegus32. I’m typically yogurt, fruit, or oatmeal in the morning but sometimes I just have to hit the drive-thru for french toast sticks or McDonald’s for a hash brown. What’s the point of eating healthy and living a long time if you can’t eat crap every once in a while?

17. drrew says:

mmm….Cheesy Tots.

There’s nothing wrong with eating a breakfast at the BK Lounge every couple of da…wee…every couple of months.

18. bluegus32 says:

Is anybody else really hungry now?

19. thwarted says:

I know I should be all harrumph harrumph, but cheesy tots sound tasty.

20. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

What ever happened to the Egg-nourmous breakfast…thing…? Do they still sell it?

21. pronell says:

Um, no, I’m not at all hungry now. For one thing, the picture made me feel _really_ nauseated. Almost anytime food is pictured larger than it actually is, I want to gag.

Yup, I tested myself. Just scrolled back up to the top, and immediately felt sick again.

And I’m a fat bastard, too, so there’s no reason a picture of greasy food should make me feel ill.

22. ElizabethD says:

I can’t imagine ever eating breakfast at any fast-food place. But wave a Whopper in front of my nose and I’m yours…

23. Oh, cheesy tots… they are just as good/bad as they sound.

24. TVarmy says:

Why not just have these places sell hard boiled eggs and that sort of thing? Why do they have to process everything so much?

25. cryrevolution says:

oh gawd cheezy tots….mmmmm….

as if tater tots weren’t bad enough.