Walmart Nazi Tshirt Watch: Day 66

Sixty-six days after t-shirts bearing Nazi insignia were discovered in Walmart, the retailer has yet to remove them from all their stores, despite initial promises to do so within days.

Patrick in Santa Maria, CA writes:

“I found the following Nazi shirt at the Santa Maria, CA store today (01/16/07 3PM) and it was most likely the only one as I glanced around and didn’t see any others right way.. It was folded up. I didn’t want to try buying it even though I know many others had a chance to do so I took a picture with my cell phone. I have been following this story for a while now and I didn’t think I would find one. I was surprised that I did! “

The story has taken on a life of its own. Chuga chuga, choo, choo. — BEN POPKEN

Recent updates to this story.
Backstory.

Comments

1. Musician78 says:

If I ever have the misfortune of finding myself in Concord, New Hampshire Wal-Mart, I will have to look. Since the beginning of these Nazi shirt blogs, I think I have been in Wal-Mart once, and that was because my g/f wanted to go and spend some of HER money there.

2. phelander says:

I broke up with YOUR girlfriend because she wanted to spend HER money at Wal-Mart. By the by, all the advertisement for these shirts on the site makes me want one, strangely.

3. flyover says:

“Ben, have you acutally contacted WalMart or their PR goons about this?

That is what I would like to see from Consumerist. Follow up.

4. Musician78 says:

@phelander: your loss is my gain then I guess. :)

5. lpranal says:

Maybe by “remove from stores” they really mean “let run out of stock”.

The skull should be the new consumerist logo!

6. Sheik says:

How are they expecting to run out of stock if they won’t let you buy one? At least without tricking the sales person. There are no Wally worlds here in Manhattan, so I’m interested to see if Walmart ever keeps their word. I’m also for a Consumerist follow up, curious to hear their excuse. Maybe you could get that Walmart PR goon Krempasky to comment.

7. Papa K says:

That’s it. I’m convinced Wal*Mart is going to rise and bring about the next Reich in Day 666 of the Nazi Shirt Watch.

2k8 – watch your back!

8. ljcabrera says:

I’m looking at this shirt and wondering where is the nazi part of it. I’ve looked at the skull thing for like 5 minutes looking for a pattern and I cant find it.

9. I had the same issue at first, ljcabrera. Then I was directed to the encyclopedia. I did some research on totenkopf. I still cant spell it right though.

10. Tonguetied says:

You know I have to confess, when you guys started posting on this shirt I thought to myself “What’s the big deal, something slipped through and it (the shirt) will be gone within a day.” Then when you kept harping on it after a week or so I was thinking, “A few slipped through, big deal.” But sheesh how long does it take to pull some freaking shirts off the shelves? 66 days? The durn things have probaby been restocked a few times. This is getting ridiculous on Walmart’s part. I know they are a big company and I can cut them some slack for information taking a while to filter down but…