You could install aerators, ask your utility company to lock in a year round rate, or replace your furnace filters every month, but that could take a lot of work.
Instead, try these energy saving tips for the marginally motivated.
• Turn your thermostat down a few degrees when leaving the house.
• Shut doors to rooms when possible.
• Defrost foods in the refrigerator before cooking.
• Avoid peeking in the oven constantly when you’re cooking.
• Wash laundry cold when possible.
— BEN POPKEN
Winter Energy Saving Tips [New American Dream] (Thanks to c-side!)