Save Money On Gym Membership By Working Out At Walmart

Why pay those exorbitant startup and monthly fees when you can work out at Walmart?

They’ve got everything you need: free weights exercise bikes, treadmills, and even fishing poles! (Taffeta not included) — BEN POPKEN

Comments

1. if only he were wearing the infamous totenkopf shirt while working out at walmart

2. Tim Matheson says:

I found a totenkopf t-shirt similar to the one featured here in the local Wisconsin Rapids, Wal-Mart. I didn’t try to buy it because I wouldn’t support Nazi T-Shirt companies for any cause. I looked into the history of “totenkopf” and it appears to be a skull and bones thing also. The true totenkopf insignia bears a skull and cross bones with the cross bones directly behind it and the lower portion of the jaw missing. I am sort of bitter sweet about the whole totenkopf thing though. On one hand I disagree with the insignia and its meaning but on the other hand I don’t want to live in a world of censorship. Do we want Wal-Mart and other retailers controlling what we can and can’t wear? It’s like high school all over with regards to the whole “turn your shirt inside out”.

3. buthidae says:

Don’t forget to wipe down the machines when you’re done! ;-)

4. homerjay says:

Happy New Year! I’m the rep from Weider. I’ll be here 3 times a week to demo all the equipment for customers. Chances are I’ll quit this job sometime in early February.

5. Papa K says:

I tried this once and was asked to leave!

6. Matthew says:

Does he have tzitzis on? Because pulling the totenkopf shirt over those would be the weirdest fashion statement ever.

7. GrantGannon says:

I wonder if he knows he’s holding that fishing rod upside down therefore making him look goofier than he already does.

8. ElizabethD says:

Matthew – Yeah, he does; and I think a kippah too.

9. It would have been a triple ironic situation wouldnt it? (couldnt figure out how to use the word triple as an adjective in this sentence)

10. abartonkc says:

An even better way to get a workout would be to get a job in sporting goods as a stocker so that you can stock the shelves with those free weights, treadmills and exercise equipment. Rather than paying for a gym membership you can get a good workout and make minimum wage with no health insurance or other benefits.