United Agrees To Right $3000 Wrong

United Airlines seems to have apologized and agreed to help refund look into the $3000 Manesh’s parents had to pay extra after United’s ticketing system error lost Manesh parent’s tickets to Sri Lanka.

Oh, and Manesh’s parents are elderly, had just undergone surgery and were otherwise stranded at LAX. Manesh blogs:

“Thanks to a tip by The Consumerist, I was able to open a channel of communication with the UAL’s Executive Vice President and Chief Customer Officer, who has made an apology and has promptly agreed to resolve this matter. I have accepted his apology and await the completion of this saga. I will keep you posted as to how things pan out.”

We’ve added Manesh’s blog to our Google Reader to observe how the situation develops. — BEN POPKEN

Comments

1. jacques says:

The question is, do they get the 3000 on top of the flight vouchers already received?

2. msoori says:

Actually, to make a correction to this post, they have only agreed to address my concerns; I dont know exactly what it means yet, which is why I mentioned that I will let you know how it pans out. There were no mention of the details. I believe his apology is sincere, though I could be wrong.

3. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

An apology is a step in the right direction, but it seems that they have already admitted fault prior. Apollogies don’t mean much if steps aren’t taken to correct the action in question.

4. homerjay says:

He shoots, he….!!!! Aaaaaand lets go to commercial…..

So what happened here is you called the EVP, they didn’t approach you, right? Either way, a good thing. I hope it works out.

5. Johann says:

New headline should read: United Agrees They Were Wrong.

6. msoori says:

I emailed him, and he replied back promptly with the appology. Then I replied back to him saying that I have accepted his appology and thanking him for taking action. I told him that I would publish our exchange if he dosent have any objections, but he didnt respond yet. Since I wrote to him in good faith, and he replied in good faith, I will not publish the e-mails without his permission. I know an appology dosent mean much without the steps being taken to correct the situation, but I will give him benefit of the doubt.

I dont believe the head headline needs to be changed… if it does that can be another story, but I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Its up to him to make good on his word.

7. OnoSideboard says:

Um, y’all do realize the guy’s name is MaHesh, not MaNesh?

He’s awfully nice for not saying anything about the mistake (that has been made on both Consumerist posts about him).

8. CR123 says:

Ben,
    MaHesh’s parenT did not “just” undergo surgery; according to the narrative, about 10 weeks elapsed between the surgery and the departure from LAX.