Last Minute DIY Holiday Gifts

Are you a lazy shopper? Well, instead of just buying someone another crappy gift card at the last minute, why not make them something.? We know what you’re saying, “F-you, this isn’t Martha Stewart. This is the Consumerist.” Yeah, but people really like it when you make them something! Really! It’s not just something your mom made up. Domino has some suggestions for last minute DIY gifts, and some of them are pretty cool. Like infused olive oil. Brilliant and tasty, just add bread. What last minute DIY gifts do you like to give? We like to make chocolate chip cookies. Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies! Yay!—MEGHANN MARCO

Get Crafty! [Domino via Curbly]

Comments

1. infinitysnake says:

I make ornaments and microwave peanut brittle, spiced pecans, that sort of thing. the easiest possible craft of all time has to be bath salts…I made a lot of those when I was broke.

2. Mike_ says:

Is it the last minute already? I’d better get crackin’.

3. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

I don’t trust home made food from people I barely know. Some people are very unsanitary.

4. acambras says:

Yep – infinitysnake is right — bath salts are great. Equal parts epsom salts and cornstarch, plus a few drops of essential oil of your choice. Blend it well and put in festive little bags or containers.

5. etinterrapax says:

I make candy. People will bake, but candy usually requires more tending than people are likely to do, so it’s a treat. I don’t give it to strangers, though, because I’m convinced they’ll only pitch it. My husband’s office gets some, and our families get the rest. Toffee, divinity, popcorn balls, butterscotch, turtles, and I have to try marshmallows next. My cousin made some for a family party this past weekend, and they were amazing.

6. CookiesEtc says:

I do the baking and candy and chocolate covering stuff. I’ve posted recipes for things like peppermint bark and candied almonds that are not that hard and here is a brief article on different chocolate covered items that are easy to make.

etinterrapax, I was just thinking about doing marshmallows after seeing this.