Greg Meyerkord Interviewed-ish

Reader Nolen decided to harass/contact Greg Meyerkord , the guy whose name appears on the PSP flog domain registration….

Nolen: In the wake of your successful PSP site, I would like to interview you for a position in the Defense Dept. I think you could really teach those guys something.

Greg: I didn’t do the PSP site. I haven’t worked for Zipatoni in 6 years.

Nolen: Um hum.

Greg: What kind of response is that? “Um hum.”

Nolen: You should read this and then defend yourself in public if you are not involved. THOUSANDS are people are laughing at what has been attributed (at least in part) to you. http://www.consumerist.com/ read the article about PSP……and you.

Greg: Thank you for alerting me to http://www.consumerist.com. I haven’t worked for Zipatoni in 6 years. After I left, they changed the Register.com contact info, however, they upgraded their Register.com account and Register.com must have screwed something up. I got this info from my friend who still works at Zip. I’m not really sure how I can go about defending myself on this matter. I think the PSP site is so goofy that it really doesn’t warrant the amount of energy that people are spending on it. Also, I’m a little surprised you would want to interview a “douchebag.”

Previously: Meet The Douchebags Behind The Sony PSP Flog

Comments

1. John says:

I agree with him and I think he defended himself quite well. I mean, it’s not like they tortured prisoners of war there or anything.

2. Reg says:

Is it me or has Nolan taken this a little too far?
    Nolan, if you did any research you’d know that Greg hasn’t worked at Zipatoni for quite some time.

Before you start stalking someone do your homework. Nice job!

3. Also, I’m a little surprised you would want to interview a “douchebag.”

He’s got a point.

4. d0x says:

I dont believe him for a second. Why would they want to interview a douchebag? Is there anyone better to interview?

Only a company of Douchebags could come up with a site this bag so that leaves little choice anyways.

5. Reg says:

Again, Greg hasn’t worked for Zipatoni in years. The Zipatoni employees this site has successfully ousted and chastised are “nobodies”. You’ve managed to focus your attention on a guy who hasn’t worked for the company in 6 years and a couple of mid to lower level account people. It would be like me calling you a douchbag for making the e coli ladened tacos at Taco Bell. You work there, you did your job and you made hundreds of people sick. Why don’t you go after the people who sold the lettuce?

6. Alfonso X. Alfonse says:

Hey Reg,

If by research, do you mean something like… contact the person in question and allow him to rebutt the allegation?

That kind of research?

7. Reg says:

Right you are. By research I mean contact the person in question and allow him to rebut the allegation before berating him and referring to him as a douchebag.

That kind of research.

8. Keter says:

Just because Greg M. might not be among the douchebags behind the PSP flog doesn’t mean he isn’t one (although that doesn’t mean he is one, either) — we don’t know him except by what we’ve read about him online.

Assuming he is innocent, at very least he should find out how his name came to be associated with this exercise in assininity and call those (ir)responsible for his trouble to account and require them to fix the problem. He also needs to blog about it thoroughly, because it may come back to haunt him…he needs to preserve the context and ensure that his perspective is as easily retrievable as the suspect information.

‘Immortality’ of online content has its dark side…(been there myself, and am sure to go there again). ;o)

9. Reg says:

You’re right,Keter. Even though there is a distinct possibility that Greg had nothing to do with the douchebags behind the PSP flog doesn’t necessarily mean that the man himself is not a douchebag. It’s a bit of a stretch, but you’re right. With that said, why are we trying to rationalize calling Greg a douchebag? He’s been the target of virtual vigilantes who follow the rule of thumb of guilty before proven innocent which I believe, technically makes them douchbags as well. By the way, I have easily surpassed my personal record for using the word “douchebag” in a paragraph.

And like you said, Zipatoni owes him a big apology.