VIDEO: No $1600 Camera But Here’s A Jar Of Pasta Sauce

Remember that St. Louis couple who bought a $1600 Sony camera from Best Buy, only to find a jar of pasta sauce inside? As we told you, Sony agreed to ship them a new camera but we thought you would like to see their TV interview. Seem like honest folk.

Finally, a spaghetti western that doesn’t end in a flurry of bullets. — BEN POPKEN

(Thanks to Hangemhi!)

Previously: No $1600 Camera But Here’s A Jar Of Pasta Sauce

Comments

1. Hoss says:

Sony wants the sauce?

2. Hangemhi says:

I figured that since I’d been flying the Best Buy flag pretty high these last couple days I’d send that video your way. Just keepin’ it honest.

3. SexCpotatoes says:

okay, glass jar, if they had put it away and not handled it immediately, they might have been able to pull some usable prints off the fucking thing

4. DutchFlat says:

Well, it’s not only Best Buy. I had a similar experience at Costco some years ago. I bought what was supposed to be a brand new Norelco electric razor. It was shrink-wrapped and everything. I get it home, open the box, and GAWD! In the box is a USED razor, complete with whisker shavings. YECH!

So, I took it back to Costco, and they (sort of reluctantly) exchanged it for a new (this time) Norelco. They did what they should do, but I don’t think they believed me re. finding a used razor in the box.

I guess someone else scammed them by returning their “new” razor after switching out the new one for their old, used razor. It’s amazing how far some people will go. Imagine all that work to steal an electric razor.

5. Ben Popken says:

Ben writes:

“Just wanted to add a note about that couple who found some pasta sauce in place of their camera… that’s not the first time that something like that had happened…

It was about four years ago when my brother and I purchased a Sony Playstation 2 from Wal-Mart the local Wal-Mart that had just opened in our town. After opening the Playstation 2 box, we found inside an original Playstation instead of a Playstation 2. My brother and I brought it back to the store the next day, receipt and all, and of course they didn’t believe our story a single bit. After all, who would believe a bunch of teenagers?

Wal-Marts said that they had just opened up and this was a brand new shipment of Playstation 2’s and didn’t have any of them returned to the store yet. After bringing our father to the store to have some long talks with the Head Manager, they finally let us exchange the item for an actual Playstation 2. Goes to show it pays to talk to a head honcho – and to always have somebody more important than you by your side.”