If you’re one of 11,000 people from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, you might be at risk of ID theft after a driver’s license facility computer was stolen Tuesday. The computer contained photos, addresses and in about half the cases SSNs. The thieves also stole equipment for making driver’s licenses. Whoops. —MEGHANN MARCO
Driver’s License Data Stolen in PA
By Meg Marco December 1, 2006
More From Consumerist
- What Information Is Available When Someone Scans My Driver’s License?
- T-Mobile, Experian Data Breach Exposes Personal Info For 15M Consumers
- What Can An ID Thief Do With My Social Security Number?
- California Tempts ID Thieves, Prints Full Social Security Numbers On Millions Of Mailed Documents
- Consumer, Privacy Groups Urge Federal Regulators To Investigate T-Mobile/Experian Hack