Walmart Rolls Back Prices By 13 Cents

Analysts noted that Walmart set the pace this shopping season with four consecutive price point drops. But maybe they should be looking at how much those drops were by…. — BEN POPKEN

(Picture taken this week in Howell, NJ, thanks to Moshe!)

Comments

1. ElizabethD says:

Excellent pic – says it all. (i.e.: “lame”)

2. Xkeeper says:

I wonder if they meant to roll it back by more than $1.12 (assuming it’s $399.99)… Then again, the news of a rollback is probably enough to make people jump for joy and/or assume it was $499 or something.

People are stupid.

3. TheDeadEye says:

Reduced price has a ‘7’ on the end most likely means that the item is discontinued and/or on clearance. Larger reductions will follow the longer the item sits on the shelf.

4. mgluck says:

I was the one who sent in the picture. Although I took it this week, I saw this at least a few weeks ago. I asked a sales associate (then), and she said she would check it out. When I went this week, it was unchanged, which is why I took the picture.
    Moshe

5. nikoniko says:

Buy 8 and save $1.04!

6. FLConsumer says:

Now if they’d only carry something worth buying….and getting rid of the yellow smileys

7. Uurp says:

Huh. Disney is co-branding sewing machines. Wonder what that means. Sixteen cents, I guess.

8. ElizabethD says:

The awful irony is that (blush) I actually went to WalMart last night with my daughter. And it was bad. I was sure they would sell something as basic as a folding card table, but noooooooooo… Just hideous fiberboard “furniture” that looked like knockoffs of knockoffs. Sheesh. Never again! And I mean it!

9. Musician78 says:

I hate Wal-Mart. My girlfriend always wants to stop there when we go out. She actually got annoyed at me because I didn’t want to go into Wal-Mart, with absolutely no intention on buying anything, on a Saturday. What kind of self-hating masochist would want to even contemplate that??

God, I hate Wal-Mart. >:(