Walmart Nazi Shirt Watch: Day 19

19 days after a blogger first discovered Walmart selling shirts with Nazi insignia, the shirts can still be found on the shelves, this time in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. John writes:

“I found myself at walmart in Cleveland Heights Ohio the other day [Sunday, Nov 26] picking up a new office chair… (ended up going to office max anyway… but that’s another story) I was kinda surprised to see the totenkopf shirts still on sale there… so I snapped a quick pic with my phone… sorry for the poor quality but the razr isnt anything great for taking photos. Anyway… thought you might like to know that Cleveland walmarts all seem to have ignored any instruction they may have received regarding taking the shirts off the shelves.”

— BEN POPKEN

Recent updates to this story.
Backstory.

Comments

1. sir_flexalot says:

I believe the vast, vast majority of wal-marts will not remove the shirts until the national story breaks, and all the local affiliate news channels pick it up. if it was a swastika, it wouldn’t be an issue, but this is a more obscure reference, and I’m sure that there are people who’d rather make a buck as long as possible, and weather the consequences of a media circus when it comes to that.

2. bringafajita says:

Has anyone actually taken one of these lovely shirts up to customer service to ask them to pull the shirts from the shelves? I personally try to avoid the Big Boxes, but I was just wondering if anyone was brave enough (and had enough time on their hands) to challenge the ‘Mart.

3. scudsone says:

enough already
    nobody gives a shit about this shirt.

4. bambino says:

I do.

5. Hitchcock says:

Scudsone, if the consumerist stops talking about this, Walmart has won. They’re selling a shirt that features a symbol that is prominate in the neo-nazi movement. Wal-Mart has gone on record promising to remove the shirt, however, THEY HAVE NOT.

Even if you don’t care about them selling neo-nazi merchandise, you should care about holding a big company like Walmart accountable for holding up promises they have made.

6. Mr. Gunn says:

It has been 19 days, and Wal-mart still has Nazi propaganda for sale. How is this not newsworthy?

7. acambras says:

I have to agree with Bambino, Hitchcock, and Grady. We’ve given Ben a lot of shit for the extensive coverage of this story, but it is newsworthy that WalMart AGREED TO PULL THE SHIRTS BUT ARE STILL SELLING THE SHIRTS.

8. konstantConsumer says:

appropriate that it is sold next to the general lee.

9. Juancho says:

Konstant beat me to it. Ironically, this is in Cleveland Heights, which isone of Cleveland’s most integrated and liberal suburbs. I’m surprised the local populace hasn’t had a shit-fit about it.

10. SexCpotatoes says:

Finally some actual pictures of the shirts on sale somewhere.

11. Sturm Truppen says:

I still dont see what the big deal is.

12. Trai_Dep says:

General Lee AND Totenkompf? What, some kind of burning cross two-fer?

13. JB3 says:

You guys are a bunch of P.C. pussies. First of all, this is just an innocent skull and crossbones. (stylized of course) You can find shirts like this in almost every major retailer. It would be different if the thing had a swastika somewhere on it, but it doesn’t. So get over it and crawl back into the liberal progressive holes you came out of.