What’s LA’s Craziest Black Friday Place?

Reader Daniel plans on shooting some Black Friday coverage and he wants to know where LA’s the action will be most intense.

Hey I am gonna be going out with a friend and an HD cam to film some black friday madness and i saw your posting for wanted documentation. I was wondering if you had any tips for places in LA where things should be particularly crazy. Otherwise I will be guessing.

You too can send your Black Friday pix, stories and videos to tips at consumerist dot com, subject line “BFF.” You can also upload images or video to Flickr/Youtube and tag ‘em “TCBFF.”— BEN POPKEN

Previously: Cover Black Friday With Us

Comments

1. GenXCub says:

Places I’d try (though I’m no expert):

1. The Glendale Galleria

2. Ontario Mills

3. Any Fry’s Electronics… hit Woodland Hills for the Through The Looking Glass experience.

2. Drinker Nisti says:

The Del Amo Mall in Torrance (largest mall west of the rockies or some such nonsense) was just remodeled and should be full of people on Friday. Personally, I’m gettin’ the hell out of Dodge tonight…

I’ll second the nomination of Ontario Mills.

Outlets in Camarillo is a consumer orgy on any weekend…

3. Sudonum says:

South Coast Plaza

I also agree with Fry’s but would suggest the South Bay store, small parking lot and a plethora of “Tech Nerds”

4. Milliways says:

I went to the Fry’s in Manhattan Beach (the South Bay store) last year around 8am, and the line to check out was already at the front door, two and a half hours long by the employee’s estimate.

If you’re looking for madness and people rushing, I don’t know where you’d go. The Best Buy in Torrance had people lining up at 4pm the day before, but everywhere I’ve been to has been relatively orderly.

5. Ben Popken says:

Stephen writes:

“I have no idea what it’s like inside the store, but when I drove by the Circuit City in Montebello last year around 3 in the afternoon, there was still a line about 200 people long still wrapped around the store. I can’t imagine what it was like 5-6 hours earlier.”

6. nick says:

I third the nomination for Fry’s; the last time I was there it was pandamonium, and that was just on a regular weekend.

How can a place have such long lines with over FORTY registers?

7. timmus says:

Last night it occurred to me how weird that this is strictly a city phenomenon. I live in a town of 30,000, a fairly stout number, but it’s laughable to think any of the stores here would do this. I’m not sure whether one could have Black Friday without a big box store.