Consumerist Intern Wanted

The Consumerist continues to grow in reach and scope, and it’s time we got an intern to help.

Duties include sorting through email, following up story leads, getting quotes by email and phone, and fact finding

An ideal candidate is available at least 10 hours a week, has superlative research skills, basic AV skills, lives in the New York area, is frequently available by IM, and has a blog.

Muckrakers need apply.

College credit is available, and we can offer a small stipend for extra-hard workers.

Send a brief paragraph outlining your suitability to jobs at consumerist dot com. No resumes or attachments, please, we will delete them sight unseen.

Comments

1. AcilletaM says:

What about rabblerousers?

2. Ben Popken says:

Rabblerousers are good, too.

3. Sam Glover says:

I want rustlers, cutthroats, murders, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con-men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglars, horse thieves, bull-dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers, and Methodists!

4. Kangarara says:

How firm are you on that ‘lives in NY’ requirement?

5. Ben Popken says:

It’s not totally firm. I just like to be able to look the people I’m working with in the eye every so often. Keep everyone, myself included, more accountable.

6. galupo says:

What part of ny are you talking about NYC and if so what part of the city are you guys in

7. Ben Popken says:

I’m in Brooklyn. Gawker HQ is in SoHo. To clarify, this is mainly an off-site position. We just don’t want to have to pay for a plane ticket to shake your hand, know what I’m saying?

8. MeOhMy says:

I am a card-carrying Methodist. Paypal me a $10k advance and I’ll get started right away. My first article will be about how the Anglican churched fleeced John Wesley – he pre-ordered Salvation, and when he showed up at the church, they told him he had 2 buy two Holy Icons and donate 25 pounds to the local Parish before they would give him Salvation.

9. Judge373 says:

I think you should always refer to the new intern as “Conintern”, and force him or her to sing the Internationale on a regular basis to show support for Consumerism.