The understocked PS3 has become the Paris Hilton of the gaming world. Demand is so fever-pitched that several opening day sales have resulted in violence and political defamation.
Smart retailers handed out vouchers for those line. Smart consumers stayed home. — BEN POPKEN
• Wisconsin: Teenager faceplants into flagpole while rushing for consoles (with video).
• Connecticut: Thugs rob people in Playstation 3 waiting line, shoot 1.
• Kentucky: Drive-by BB gun shooting.
• Oregon: Target line-waiters mugged.
• A volunteer for Senator John Edwards tried to have Walmart “help” the volunteer get a PS3. Walmart said in a statement, “”While the rest of America’s working families are waiting patiently in line, Senator Edwards wants to cut to the front.” This is days after Edwards participated in a conference with Walmart chastising the retailer for its labor policies…