David LaChapelle’s Boots Commercial

Yes, Virginia, there is a true meaning to Christma: looking ab-fab. — BEN POPKEN

Comments

1. kegsofduff says:

I like it. It is messed up and sexy. I live in Chicago, and love it, but I’m sure this will not be show in the states because the appointed FCC jerks are so uptight and wish they lived in the mythical movie idea of the ’50s.

2. ryan says:

I read the title as “Dave Chapelle’s Boots Commercial”…

3. viriiman says:

Ryan: I second that. I didn’t understand what Dave Chapelle had to do with boots (footwear) in a commercial.

4. IshmealMathers says:

I was even more confused. I was thinking Dave Chapelle, but also wondered how the hell He had the power to boot (remove) a commerical. Gotta get that cup o coffee.

5. The_Truth says:

Background info for those who dont know

Boots is a cosmetics and pharmacy retail store in the UK.

Not sure who the David guy is, but I read it as Dave The comedian at first too!

6. Ultravox says:

Now that’s Hawt!

7. DeeJayQueue says:

Yes girls! It’s ok to be self-indulgent, neurotic, negligent and generally bat-shit-unsane as long as your makeup looks good.

8. Triteon says:

kegsofduff: Three things–
    This commercial certainly could run in the US. The FCC doesn’t decide what is acceptable and what isn’t– the networks’ Standards & Practices divisions decide on whether to accept commercials when content issues are questioned. The FCC only investigates when complaints are made.
    But at 1:30 in length it would be prohibitively expensive for Boots to run this ad in US primetime and reach their target audience. IM(professional)O, this would be best placed in Desperate Housewives, Dancing with the Stars or Gray’s Anatomy and 90 seconds would cost between $700,000 and $1.1 million.
    And Boots is only in the UK, so there’s no worry it will run here (except virally.)

9. Triteon says:

(This former biology major meant Grey’s, BTW. Old habits…)

10. Didn’t you guys run this before? Deja vu.

David LaChappelle is one of my fave photogs. He has a new book coming out from Taschen.