AmEx Opens Shopper Sanctuaries (Cardholders Only)

AmEx installed opened a special “member’s lounge” this week in The Mall At Short Hills, NJ, aka, the epicenter of poop.

BRANDWEEK: “The lounge, the first at a retail shopping location, is designed to “reinvigorate” card members exhausted from their shopping with snacks, coat check, a private restroom, couches, free gift-wrap services, iPod and cell phone charging stations, and an e-mail station.”

Additionally, platinum card holders can get back rubs, but the blowjobs and nose candy are reserved for black card members.— BEN POPKEN

AmEx Takes Personal Service to the Next Level [BRANDWEEK] (Thanks to Joseph!)

Comments

1. spin_sycle says:

geeez….AmEx ppl get all the fun….the rest of us poor peons will have to suffer by just going to a bar….

2. Trai_Dep says:

Burning Q on MY mind:
    Is their coke regular or strawberry-flavored? I’d hope that the Black Card has *some* privileges.

3. acambras says:

Yeah, I noticed the other night that ABC had something on their website where heretofore unseen scenes from “Lost” were available for online viewing, but only by AMEX cardholders.

4. scottso says:

Now I know why my company has blocked this site. Ben — care to be a little less foul on the commentary?

5. This is pretty badass, I hope they open more of these, I love getting free ish.

6. dave says:

Short Hills getting its own tag, what has this site to?

7. aka Cat says:

scottso – you can probably continue to read consumerist from work via an online news reader.

And if you want to prevent your newsreader from being blocked, you can use feedrinse.com’s profanity filter for $1/month.

8. No strawberry coke, but they do have Hyde’s famous cookies.

9. ElizabethD says:

LMAO at your illo!!!!

10. RandomHookup says:

Not even an illustration…that’s a snapshot taken at the mall just this morning!

11. thrillhouse says:

“The lounge, the first at a retail shopping location, is designed to “reinvigorate” card members exhausted from their shopping”

Oh give me a break… Couldn’t they just put signs up at the bathrooms and food courts that say “Now, get back out there and SPEND! Spend like you’ve never spent before!”

So what is your first clue that you’re spending too much at the mall – that you’re exhausted, or that you need AmEx to ‘reinvigorate’ you.

12. adamondi says:

I think this is the coolest idea I have ever heard of from a credit card company. Airlines have special lounges for their best customers, why not AmEx? This sounds like an awesome place. I am certainly not the only person who has started hating life after just a few minutes in a mall. A place like this where I could go and wait while my wife does some shopping would kick butt.

13. Chaoticfluffy says:

Because Mall at Short Hills shoppers need another reason to be snobbish to each other? Sheesh, the snootiest mall in one of the snootiest states goes even snootier.

And I can say that because it’s my state.

14. iuubob says:

I think it’s cool, and although I live only a couple of miles away from the Short Hills Mall, I gave up my AMEX years ago. So i guess inScottso’s words, I’m poop outta luck