$19 AirTran Tickets

AirTran’s got a 48-hour sale going on right now with tickets as low as $19 one way.

Some of the best flights leave from Chicago, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Charlotte, and New York, all starting at $39 and under.

The deal is not valid for travel on Sundays. Tickets must be booked by Wednesday, Nov 15, 11:59 PM ET.

14-day advance purchase required, so not as good for people who haven’t finalized their Turkey day travel plans. — BEN POPKEN

AirTran 48 Hour Sale [Official Site] (Thanks to Zac!)

Comments

1. Spaceman Bill Leah says:

Why do these super awesome deals never seem to go where I need to go?

2. Wow, Baltimore to Boston for $39 o/w… not bad.

3. Pelagius says:

That photo has “Why the fuck are you taking my picture?” written all over it.

4. gone725 says:

You should also check out Spirit Airlines – http://www.spiritair.com. They have frequent sales for $9, $19, $29, etc for select locations and dates.

Here is their current $9 sale:

Granted you do still have to pay tax, but it is still a great deal!

5. marisa says:

The AirTran sale site seems to be down right now… Does anyone have experience flying with them? What are the differences between the classes of seats they offer?

6. Charles Star says:

Nothing at $19 out of New York. For $39 I can go to … Akron? I can smell the burning rubber already.

7. pestie says:

Maybe you’ll know them better by their old name… ValuJet. If I flew with them, I’d definitely pay extra for the “no dying in a horrible crash in the Everglades” seats.

I know, I know… It’s probably unfair of me to bring that up years after the fact, but there’s just some negative publicity a company can never live down, at least in my mind. Besides, that little “happy dancing plane” logo they used back in the ValuJet days really annoyed me.

8. acambras says:

So how much time elapsed between the time that photo was snapped and the time that the woman called TSA to give the photographer a cavity search?

9. SexCpotatoes says:

Don’t knock Akron, I hear they have a good gay bar there called ‘The Interbelt,” you’d fit right in.

10. Mr. Gunn says:

The deal is good, but try googling “airtran safety rating”. AirTran used to be ValuJet(remember Flight 592?), and they’re supposed to be better, but if you do find a good ticket, just make sure you’re not on a DC-9.

11. denki says:

AirTran, huh? I never thought someone would break into the transsexual/transvestite airline market, but I guess someone has. Why aren’t they offering cheap flights to Thailand?