UPS Takes 3 Weeks To Deliver 70lb Smoker, Broken

David ordered a 70 lb smoker from Amazon. For some reason, it shipped back and forth between Washington and Nevada 3 times, over 3 weeks, a total of 4500 miles. When it finally, arrived, it was in pieces.

David asks, “shouldn’t a package be safe no matter how long it’s in the UPS system?”

Don’t answer. That’s a trick question.

The tracking screen detailing the journey of fun, inside.

Related: What Else Could Go Wrong, UPS?

shipmentrack.jpg

Comments

1. Mike M says:

Link on main page links to other recent UPS shenanigans, not this one.

2. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

So how many hams do you suppose UPS guys can smoke in 3 weeks?

Hey Dave, can I borrow that smoker you’ve got in the back of your truck..the inlaws are coming over for the weekend!

3. Hawkins says:

Well, this just validates the old saying:

The smoker you get, the player you feel.

4. I had the exact same thing happen with UPS for a book I ordered. It got caught in a lock-groove between Pennsylvania and Maryland for weeks. I had to call them multiple times, finally BEGGING them to deliver the damn thing.

They kept insisting the address I provided didn’t exist, and who can blame them? The destination was an ultra-obscure institution known as the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC, so no wonder they were confused. Whoever heard of such an esoteric, difficult-to-find destination?

5. AcidReign says:

…..I’ve never used one of those vertical models, but I’d say that using a pot-holder on that metal door handle is a must!

6. Frank Grimes says:

This is an exact comment from my brother in law, a UPS driver and loader for 5+ years, NEVER ship anything with UPS that is even reasonably fragile…NEVER!. It could have 172 fragile stickers on it and the kid packing his truck this time of year has about 1.3 seconds to move a box and could quite literally give a rats ass if its fragile/breakable/the only item of its kind on earth.

7. Chad Cloman says:

I work at UPS. Heavy packages such as this one are not always handled in a gentle manner. And the more often a package is handled, the worse condition it’s going to be in–especially if the package is heavy. So the whole situation was exacerbated by its being in transit for 3 weeks.

8. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

Hey Jake, we’ve got another one with a fragile sticker. I’ll bet you ten bucks I can throw this baby at least 20 feet!