Bank Of America’s Lovesong To Itself

A Bank of America employee sings a love song about the union between Bank of America and MBNA, to the tune of U2′s One.

Presented before at a company luncheon. Possibly recorded as recently as November 3rd.

Bonus points for anyone who can identify the singer, guitarist and MC.

A search for a similar parody song sung by a Bank of America employee to a Bank of America customer turned up no results.

What is today, video day or something? Guess so, happy campers.

How Bank of America rewards its employees [The Sherman Foundation via Adfreak]

Comments

1. Michael G says:

Do you think Bono will hate his song was used for corporate propaganda.

Hope he sues

2. KesCaesar says:

I am so glad I’m not forced to be a member of such corporate-community nonsense. Forcing employees to go to a giant ‘company picnic’ and subjecting them to corporate propaganda like this? The heart weeps for them!

3. RandomHookup says:

Too bad you didn’t get the full recording. His encore was “I Love B-O-A” to the tune of Joan Jett’s “I Love Rock ‘N Roll”.

I cried.

4. JackieTreehorn says:

I’m sure that’s exactly what Bono had in mind when he wrote that tune.

That was amazing. Simply stunning.

5. Pelagius says:

So that’s what they’ve been doing instead of effectively serving their customers?

“Hey Bob, we’re going to take you off conflict resolution for a couple of weeks. We have this company picnic coming up and Brenda in accounts receivable says you have a great set of pipes.”

6. acambras says:

Didn’t AT&T (mis)appropriate the song “One” when they were absorbing SBC and whoever else?

7. homerjay says:

Oh my…. I’m speechless. I don’t know where to start.
    That guy is going to spend the rest of his career being quietly ridiculed for that. Its going to haunt him forever. He HAD to know this going into it. And to get it on video! Good God what was he thinking!!!????

8. Oh man, that’s gaytarded.

9. DougDascenzo says:

My guess is that was recorded well over a year ago since that merger was announced in June of ’05. Also, the singing, corporate d-bag referenced Bank One which hasn’t been around for quite some time, as it merged with Chase a while back.

Regardless, that was hilarious.

10. rachmanut says:

i have to say, he’s got a great voice. it would have been great to see corporate suits dancing and hooting and such. but no. they clapped politely. tools.

11. homerjay says:

Oh my God, Rachmanut. Is that YOU??? :)

12. Triteon says:

Considering this is a bank, shouldn’t they have chosen “Mysterious Ways”?

13. Ben Popken says:

According to one Adfreak commenter, the guilty parties are Jim DuBois, Manhatten Consumer Market Executive, and Ethan Chandler, Manhatten Banking Center Manager.

14. Jim Dubois and Ethan Chandler are the two employees, says so at the beginning of the piece.

15. SexCpotatoes says:

I had an MBNA America Mastercard… They just changed the “pay to” name to ‘Bank Of America’ on this month’s payment, so yeah, probably really, really recent.

16. martyz says:

Holy crap!!! That dude singing looks just like Bono!!!!! Oh wait. No. He’s bald… and wearing a tie… and singing lame-ass lyrics.

BofA good. MBNA bad.

17. SigSauer says:

Even if it wasn’t intended as such, this is an ingenious viral. Injects BOA with a (much needed) sense of humor (and maybe makes us sympathize with employees).

18. valres says:

Ok, give me some partial bonus points! The guitarist is Jim DeBois. He was the Northeast Nassau (county, NY) district manager of mine back when I worked for NatWest, which became Fleet and now Bank of America.
    I just remember a rumor that his dad (who also worked at the bank) pronounced it DeBoys but Jim decided he wanted it pronounced DeBwah. You dared not mispronounce it or he would correct you angrily.