WalMart Bans Delivery Guy For Looking Like Osama

A Buenos Aires Walmart has banned potato chip delivery driver Oscar Brufani, saying he looks too much like Osama Bin Laden.

Brufani is suing Walmart to let him deliver his chips.

In a press release, Walmart said Brufani’s allegations were unfounded. The retailer alluded to a company dress code, though it didn’t say how Brufani might have violated it, or how the dress code applied to a potato chip delivery person.

How Wal-Mart Banned a Terrorist Look-Alike [Spiegel]

Comments

1. Pelagius says:

That truck rocks the party. If I ever start an evil multinational corporation, Oscar can deliver chips for me.

2. Falconfire says:

I would love to see how Walmarts SS troops will weasel out of this one.

How the hell do you expect to enforce a dress code when both the guy doesnt work for you, and I have seen Wallyworlds own employees look worse.

3. Sheik says:

Lets just all take a moment to thank Walmart for saving us from the vast exploding bag of potato chips conspiracy. Osama’s next plod is obviously to make our arteries explode.

4. I think he looks more like he should be in ZZ Top. He just has a long beard, he doesn’t look like Osama bin Laden at all.

It’s incredible that Walmart executives are afraid of beards. It’s insane. How do they function if they think anyone with a beard is Osama?

5. Smoking Pope says:

I, for one, applaud the move. If people start believing their potato chip supply is at risk, then we start down that long and terrifying road that winds up with me having to sit on the couch eating celery sticks. The horror… the horror.

6. Smoking Pope says:

Oh, and rectilinear, you’re correct. This guy looks more like Billy Gibbons than Osama. 5-1 he’s got a pink, fuzzy guitar in the back.

7. AcidReign says:

…..Walmart ain’t crazy ’bout a sharp-dressed man.

8. Ben Popken says:

Erskine writes:

“Heck, nobody wanted cardamom-flavored “al-Kettle Chips” anyway…”

9. hato says:

I think Oscar is more friendly looking than the original Osama.

10. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

Since when did anyone have a dress-code for truck drivers?

Like anyone has ever been kept out of Wal-Mart because they dressed badly.

11. NeilMcD says:

wait: there’s walmarts in Buenos Aires??

12. acambras says:

Yeah, Dawg, but in Argentina it’s EL Walmart. ;-)