Consumerist T-Shirt Nears Production

Here’s a sneak preview of what the new Consumerist t-shirts will look like. The gear will be available for purchase at the Gawker Shop within a few weeks or so. Twenty bucks.

This izzit is pretty locked and loaded, so apologies that we won’t be able to take any more of your feedback into consideration.

Big ups to Consumerist reader Matthew Smith for the design!

Comments

1. biggeek says:

Frankly, the whole “Mystery Shopper” confuses me as an indirect tie in to The Consumerist website.

If you replaced the “Mystery Shopper” phrase with “consumerist.com” and shrunk the logo to the right chest, you might have had something I’d buy.

But as it is…It’s a big, fugly arrangement that’s more likely to get people mistakenly pegged as Subgenii than Consumerists.

Good luck with it, though.

2. max andrews says:

Yeah I don’t really get it either. It sort of reads like “Look at me! I’m a tool! WTF does my tshirt say?! OMFG !!!111 LOL11!!1 I don’t know either”

I think I’d buy it if it said in big fat white letters “CONSUMER” on the front in the top secret FBI font, and then on the back in smaller type “Don’t $#%! With Me.”

Here’s what I mean: http://tinyurl.com/yy842w
    and also I couldn’t resist: http://tinyurl.com/y6atld (this one’s even better IMO)

3. Leto says:

I don’t know. I kinda like it.

4. drsmith says:

I’m with the others. Who came up with that eye thing, anyway? How does that relate to this site?

I don’t mean to just complain, but to be really honest, I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing that. max’s suggestions are a big improvement.

5. whoneedslight says:

What happened to “I’m thinking of writing a strongly worded letter”? I already planned my gift giving season around that one!

6. The shirt MUST say Consumerist.com on it…in BIG giganto letters…

What good is wearing a T-shirt to show them where you’ve been and where you go, if it doesn’t say it?

I mean, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of car salesmen, Comcast techs, Best Buy workers and other CSR’s with that thing?

I’m with Max Andrews on this one…I’d prefer,
    “Consumerist.com poster, don’t #@&* with me!” at least on the back of the shirt, if not the front…

7. thwarted says:

When’s the Strongly Worded Letter one coming out?

8. AcidReign says:

…..Yep, JR Bob Dobbs might sue over that eye. I was hoping to strike fear into my local Walmart, not Slack!

9. Ben Popken says:

Only one t-shirt at a time folks, we need to put this one through production first.

10. I like it.