Safe Banana

Have you ever taken your bannana to work, only to open your lunch sack and find the fruit bruised and squidgy?

Enter the Banana Guard, a plastic sheath that locks around your your banana to protect it during transport.

It’s available in several colors, like Mellow Yellow, Pretty In Pink, and Glow-in-the-Dark. Your for $6.99 plus shipping.

The only flaw we can see is the lack of a belt clip.

BananaGuard (Thanks to c-side!)

Comments

1. But not all bananas are shaped the same[?].

2. RandomHookup says:

Arrrrgh…..resisting phallic joke…must resist weiner jokes…..

3. AppTechie says:

The sad thing is that most of us are thinking about the other banana when thinking about “protecting your banana” :)

4. Triteon says:

If you read this article and substitute “banana” for “wood” you too can learn to bend your banana into any shape!

5. ElizabethD says:

This is seriously a great idea. Pink sounds about right, too. Yay!

6. AcilletaM says:

Yep, thought word banana should be in quotes followed by *wink,wink,ya-know-what-I-mean*.

7. Paula says:

Apparently they’ve had these in Sweden for years. No idea why, though.

8. TVarmy says:

Banana Hammock!

9. soon to be followed by the zucchini, cucumber, pickle, and carrot protectors.

10. Nor-Cal says:

I don’t think so. Not when the shipping is more than the product. And they want a phone number before giving the total price.

4-6 weeks on top of that? Are they custom made?

11. TedSez says:

I actually find that the tough, flexible, airtight yellow container that comes pre-supplied with every banana protects it really well.

I only wish I knew how they attach the thing at the banana factory without leaving any seams.

12. acutusnothus says:

Hey, these things really work; I’ve been wearing…uh…er…using mine for years, except mine’s the model that curves to the left.

13. Boo says:

I got one of these for my birthday a couple of years ago. It was great until it disappeared under the couch with a banana still in it and didn’t reappear for a year…

Did you know bananas can be blue?

14. AaronM says:

What could possibly be misinterpreted about a plastic banana-shaped item on your person?

15. factotum says:

Hmm, I saw one of these under my mom’s mattress, right next to a personal touch “massager”.

16. x23 says:

i can’t wait for all the other articles that will use the BANANA GUARD tag.

17. Trai_Dep says:

Stopped wearing a cup for soccer when I was around ten or so due to chafing. But thanks to banana guard, I’m a changed man. Next time I’m on the field, this might be JUST the ticket!!

18. Paul D says:

@TVarmy

Banana Hammock

19. Nancy Sin says:

Thanks to those vents in the top, everything else riding in your lunchbox is still going to smell like banana. Is it really that important that the damn thing breathes?

Still a pretty good idea, especially if my instinct is correct and it was invented by a precocious 6 year old.

20. Nancy Sin says:

…wow, I just went to the website. Those things really do look like “personal massagers” when the lids are closed. Maybe I’ll think twice about getting Grandma one for Christmas.

21. Jeff says:

I agree — bananas come in all shapes and sizes. How can this contraption cater to all the bananas of the rainbow? Also, is this product available in a glow-in-the-dark variety?

P.S. Does this mean I can be happy to see you all day long, without the risk of bruising?