Pocket Guide To Using The Consumerist

How can I become a commenter?
How do I get a story on The Consumerist? Type it up and email to tips at consumerist.com. We can’t promise we will post it, but we will read it. Hint: If you have an epic story to tell, it helps if you write a one-sentence description of what it’s about at the top.
How do I submit audio or video? You can send us the file directly, or post it to a sharing site and tell us about it. We recommend YouTube for video, and Odeo for audio.
What are you guys all about?
How do you decide what stories to run?
I wanna be like AOL guy, how do I record phone calls?
You ran a story on such and such, how can I find it? There’s a handy search box at the top right of each page. Or you can type site:www.consumerist.com into Google along with what you’re looking for. See example.

Comments

1. The_Truth says:

It would be great if you guys could create a small achive of important stories, ie
    -This post
    -Escallation numbers for different companies
    -and a few others that escape my mind

Would be more usefull than us having to trawl through the archives trying to find one of the usefull posts as opposed to the regular stories.

Just a thought

2. Ben Popken says:

Posts with things like escalation numbers and such can often be found under the tag Consumerist Kit.

I think I may post something like this guide every week.

3. Triteon says:

Truth– isn’t that the HOWTO tage? I’ve never looked through the archive but I think that’s how they’re labeled.
    Plus, please keep the Digg tags off. I appreciate that Consumerist is looking for a greater audience (more visitors=bigger ad revenues!) but some of the comments posted are really irrational. One article in particular was hit by a pro-retail group. (Not that pro- or con-anything is bad. I just don’t need unsolicited advocacy here.)

4. Triteon says:

…HOWTO tag.

5. Ben Popken says:

Even Diggiots will have to use our super awesome moderated comments system. Which article was hit by a pro-retail group?

6. Triteon says:

Ben– in retorspect I may have gone a bit overboard on the “pro-retail” remark. But the All Laptops Break. Period. post had at least 9 different commenters– all new as of 10/29-30 (again, not necessarily a bad thing)– in a row post comments, and all taking oddly similar positions. I shouldn’t have implied they were conspiring.
    Keep up the good work!