Sometime between the hours of 11am and 3pm yesterday, Associate Editor John Brownlee was hit by a train. A train called opportunity. Mr. Brownlee is moving on from The Consumerist to run a new site for Wired.
Though he never got his name in the big lights, Brownlee has been an integral part of The Consumerist since its inception, lending a voice and humor that was uniquely his. We wish him the best of luck in his new endeavors. Thee references to encephalitic babies, zombies and all things feculent, will be missed.
We haven’t yet decided on a replacement. For now, Meghann Marco will be sitting in. Make her feel welcome and send lots of tips.
Here are some of our favorite Brownlee posts.
• The Oozinator Delights Children
• Stupid Science: Make Ice From Fast Food Toilet Water
• The Best Thing We Have Ever Posted: Reader Tries To Cancel AOL
• Announcement: Ben’s “On Vacation” This Week
• Outside Pride Lawncare Hates Faggy CBS
• Disembodied, Baby-Feeding Gazonga Outrages Magazine Subscribers
• The Second Greatest Thing We’ve Ever Posted: Crazy Cat Lady Telemarketing Call