You’re Driving The Grocery Cashier Insane # 2

A grocery store boy rants, albeit, in a soft-spoken tone, about the slobs and idiot customers her has to put up with every day.

Before you lay into the baggage boy for not triple plying your groceries, just remember he’s a human too, with wants, needs, desires, and a love of Sailor Moon.

Related: You’re Driving The Grocery Cashier Insane

Comments

1. I’m going to have to call shenanigans. If it’s not helping customers find the aisles where products are located, exactly what is his life’s mission?

In case I’ve ever shopped in his store, I’d like to take the opportunity to apologize for not having the hours that he does to mindless plod through every square inch of the store for hours on end, dreaming all the while of winning the heart of Tuxedo Mask.

What’s great is that after seeing his room all slathered in Sailor gear, I can be assured when asking him where I can find the crutons that there is nothing in his private or business life of import that I’m taking him away from. I’m either interrupting a yogurt stocking session or some cosplay, and I’m upset about neither.

2. Justin: One can only hope that this was indeed brilliant satire and we’re just missing the point.

3. AcilletaM says:

Ben, what are you saying when you have “be nice” and “nambla tryouts” in the same set of tags?

I joke!

4. AcilletaM says:

I wonder how many times this kid has been written up. I don’t think it would be for talking back to the customer but it sounds like there have been some incidents.

5. robdew says:

You’re Driving the YouTube Viewer Crazy. Get to the freakin point grocery boy.

I quit at 40 seconds.

6. Plaid Rabbit says:

“If it wasn’t for the staff, the shelves would be empty.”

Not to speak ill of those trapped in retail hell, but for the love of god, man – without the customers, your ass wouldn’t be able to collect a paycheck to feed your shameless anime addiction.

Jesus. I’ve hated my fair share of customers, but what this guy hates is rude people. He should realize that because all rude people are customers doesn’t mean that all customers are rude.

7. d0x says:

ROFL…

God damn people getting there when the store opens..what bastards!

Asking questions; How dare they!

Is he on Meth? Why cant he sit still for more then 1/2 a second. I wonder if he realizes he is also a retail customer and is probably also guilty of every crime he listed.

8. Dagonis says:

I think as long as people (such as the fellow in the video) continue to lack any real skills to do a better job, they shall continue to be confined to the dark aisles of Safeway, Frys, Kroger, and so forth.

Plus IMO they do make enough money to take grief. That is a part of their pay. The general public has better things to do than come in and worship bag boys.

9. Mike_ says:

“Grocery store customers … the, y’know, pretty much least intelligent form of life on this planet, in my view.” Wow, that’s deep, man. I have just one question: Where do you buy your groceries? Is it the grocery store? Must be.

10. lonelymaytagguy says:

My only question is, do they make the baggers pay for the bags? It must be, why else would they try to stuff 4 loaves of bread, 9 cans of soup, 1 gallon of milk, a head of lettuce, and 6 rolls of toilet paper in one plastic bag.

11. RandomHookup says:

Actually, the least intelligent form of life might be those who don’t buy their groceries at grocery stores. 7-11 charges about 12 bucks for a basic frozen pizza.

12. buthidae says:

I feel for you man. I spent about 3 years in a grocery store, and it was just like you’ve described! I’m glad I’m not alone…

13. I second Justin.

This guy, “doesn’t get paid enough to take people’s bullshit.” Funny how pay and bullshit taking are inversely proportionate in this world…but that’s the breaks. FIND ANOTHER JOB!

14. marge says:

i have a huge problem with people who work at stores and complain that they’ve got to do their job. i have worked at many a crappy retail and foodservice job, and there are so many valid complaints he could be making instead of ‘who do people come and shop here when we’re open??’ and ‘if we all get annoyed, there won’t be any stores’. way to make the proletariot look like an ignorant asshole, guy.

15. Chairman-Meow says:

The mind boggles at what this assclown is going to be like once he moves out of Mommy’s house and drops head-first into the real worldâ„¢

Also, listening to his sing-song rambling and noticing all the female anime on the walls gives a whole new meaning to the term “creepy-squared”

16. AcilletaM says:

Hmmm,
    attempted funny rant = sympathy
    not funny rant (at least not on purpose)= no sympathy

17. Sheik says:

I had a friend who worked at a bagger at a Food Lion. He got fired twice for talking back to customers, which I found actaully quite humorous.

I have worked quite a few retail jobs, though I never was a bagger. You have to realize in those types of jobs that about 4 out of 5 customers are going to be either thank less if not a complete asshole. It comes with the territory. Talking back, in my opinion, is giving them what they want. Your playing into their game. I almost feel bad for people that are assholes to the help. What sad lives they must have to get all upset over the smallest things. I realize that the money is usually not enough to be sworn at, but what money would be enough for the amount, difficulty, and environment of the work you do? This is why when I am at a grocery store I bag my own groceries.

18. drsmith says:

Sounds to me like an entitlement problem. Why can’t I get away with not doing my job and still collect a paycheck? Sure, some customers are a rude, unforgiving, pain in the ass, but a lot of them really are nice people if you have the right attitude. Give them crap for asking a simple question and they get rude pretty quickly. Seems to me what you give is what you get.

Oh – and if he for some reason reads this comment, he could have easily done away with the video entirely and just posted the audio. It wasn’t like he was really showing us anything important, anyway(like actual footage of problem customers). His inability to sit still and get to the point was driving me nuts.