Aleksey Vayner’s Failed Investment Banking Video Resume

If you’ve ever wondered why it seems everyone who works at a bank is an unrepentant tool, this video made shed some light.

Recent Yale graduate Aleksey Vayner sent around this video, along with an eleven-page resume, to investment banks up and down Wall Street this summer.

Now Gawker’s following his trails of douchebaggery back in time, taking time to smell his plagiarizing of a holocaust survivor book and his claim to be an underground martial artist master who fought Jean-Claude van Damme.

To the banks’ credit, Vayner remains unemployed.

Comments

1. Well. At least he put some effort into it. Could used some (bad) action movie music or something.
    Or well, I’m sure there will be a dozen remixes on YouTube before I finish lunch.

2. We’re all just jealous, secretly.

3. Douchebags: Best Consumerist tag ever.

4. MattyMatt says:

Everyone who works at a bank is an unrepentant tool?

Really?

5. Timbojones says:

“This video is no longer available.”

6. officedrone4 says:
  7. Ben Popken says:

Video seems available to me.

8. Henrythoreau says:

Gosh, he’s like the Russian Tony Robbins!

Oy, these types drive me nuts. They are the ones who set aside five minutes each morning to review their personal life goals. They are not just bankers, they are lawyers, software engineers, doctors. They are the ones who spend 15 minutes with you at a party tell you all about about the patents they will soon have approved and their efforts to master the didgeridoo.

Can someone whisper to this guy that part of being a successful human being is humility and just a dollop of self-criticism?

-Henry

9. blech…I can’t even watch the whole thing, what a wanker.

10. MattyMatt sure complains a lot.

It’s almost as though he doesn’t like the editorial direction of this blog or something.

11. Triteon says:

Between this guy and Casey Serin we’ve found a couple of real winners this week.

12. bluegus32 says:

Ooooooh. I think I’m in love. I will glad forego my heterosexuality for a dose of his manly perfection.

What a wanker.

13. Chairman-Meow says:

I bet Aleksey Vayner can fly. All he has to do believe in it. I’ll be glad to help him demonstrate his “success” by assisting him off the tallest building in New York.

14. riggs says:

Anyone else secretly hoping that barbell would drop on his throat during the workout scene? Just curious…

15. MattyMatt says:

@ Danilo: This blog has an editorial direction? Ha ha ha, just kidding of course! I heart Consumerist (it’s a swell idea, could really catch on). With everything that’s already been said elsewhere about crazy Aleksey Vayner, Consumerist deserves credit for connecting the issue back to the interests of average consumers.

16. Hooray4Zoidberg says:

I’ll bet his work effort is similar to his exercise regiment, he lets everyone else do the heavy lifting.

17. Tonguetied says:

That was some of the worst weight lifting technique I think I’ve ever seen. No full drop down and lifting his butt off the bench.

Oh ok, I have seen worse but still…

18. The Bans says:

lmao! what a tool!!!

19. Uurp says:

Toungetied,

Not only was it really poor technique, but his spotter was doing half the work.

If he’s really looking to build he’s going about it all wrong. My guess is that he’s (ahem) a poser. But I could be wrong on that.

20. non-meat-stick says:

what a tool!

21. Sway says:

I imagine we will see great things from this guy. Ya he seems to be somewhat of a blowhard and possibly a liar but he has the balls to put it out there for everyone to judge. He also seems to me self confident enough to not care what others think. We may not like him but you have to admit one thing, not everyone can say they graduated from Yale. I would interview him if I had a postion he was qualified for.

22. vader says:

Seems to me like people who critique videos know very little about weightlifting. What he is doing is a on rep lift, which is they way to increase your maximum strength. If those are 45 pound plates (they do lok like it) he is lifting 495 lbs. The spotters are doing very little if you watch with an unbiased eye. If you ever log off your computer and try to lift weights that heavy I suggest you have several spotters standing by also. That said, this guy is a tool

23. keane says:

“You are now subscribed to category: douchebags”

Don’t I know it.