You might be distracted by their pointed horns and forked tail, but don’t forget you have rights when telemarketers call. If those rights are trampled by their cloven feet, you have recourse.
According to federal statute, telemarketers must
• Give the seller’s name
• Disclose that the call is a sales call
• Describe their exact product
• Declare the total cost and any terms of service prior to payment
• Reveal if they don’t allow refunds, exchanges or cancellations
Telemarketers must not
• Misrepresent their product
• Call before 8 am or after 9pm
• Threaten, intimidate or harass you, or call again if you tell them not to
If any telemarketer doesn’t adhere to any of the above guidelines, you can file a complaint with the FTC. They have a ninja attack squad.