Burger King Advises You To Eat Triple Whopper Like A Snake

You know, it’s funny. If they had just made this commercial starring one of Burger King’s more gelatinous and rotund customers, they doubtlessly wouldn’t have had to CGI that thin, serpentine Asian man unhinging his jaw. After all, they’re used to not chewing.

Comments

1. homerjay says:

Where are they airing this?
    It amazes me sometimes to see what makes it past all the people responsable for saying “I like it, lets run with it!”

2. Derek, IN says:

Ummmmmm… That? Is my nightmares on film. What the HELL is BK’s problem? I have never eaten there and after that and The King, I will never eat there. I miss those commercials that bastardized classic songs. That’s the way way, uh huh uh huh, I LIKE it…

3. Yaotl says:

That’s is freakin’ hilarious. If my wife let me, I’d have one for lunch :(

4. lpranal says:

Burger king’s advertising, this included, is actually very very smart. They know who their core audience is – young males 15-25, who eat fast food every day. Rather than try and make ads that are generic and bland, they are smart connect with a target audience.

5. Antediluvian says:

I saw the ad and what I really came away with was Burger King advising you “to steal your coworker’s food.” So it’s not only gross but rude.

I advise companies whose employees follow BK’s suggestions to teach the Heimlich maneuver. They’re gonna need it.

6. That more makes me want to throw up than eat a Whopper. And I love Whoppers (though haven’t had one for forever)

7. Phil says:

Remember “Silence of the Lambs?” “If he thinks of Katherine as a person it will be harder to do things to her.” (paraphrased).

If companies think of us as animals, it will be easier for them to do to us what they want to do. “We would never treat people that way, but our customers are animals…”

8. I want a bag of whatever it is they smoke at CPB.

9. FLConsumer says:

Like anyone that thin could eat that much food at once. We know the people who would eat a triple whopper probably use those motorized scooters at Mal-Wart to get around and then complain it’s all genetic.

10. cyenobite says:

I’m glad to see I wasn’t the only one who was disturbed by this commercial. Not only that, but I couldn’t imagine the amount of fat in a triple whopper… just looked it up on the BK website… 82 grams of fat! A Big mac is “only” 30 grams. fyi, that’s about 14 teaspoons of pure fat! Mmmmm.

11. ndavies says:

I think the background music is the best part. Instead of sampling some mellow soul music to underscore the lack of dialogue, they write a song specific to the commercial that functions the same way(“Eat like snake…unhinge your jaw”). And I’m betting the value of this song will only increase when taken out of context.

12. AcidReign says:

…..I make pastrami sandwiches at home that are subsequently too big to fit in my mouth. But, unlike at BK, I can then employ a knife and fork. I always liked how BK cooked their burgers, but they obviously used the worst possible excuse for ground beef. The big mayo gun they used to glorp up your burger was a turn-off, too.

…..Believe it or not, BK used to have a great ham ‘n’ cheese hoagie, back in the late 1970s. Great, sesame-seeded pure buttery-white-bread sub roll, real, salty-fatty ham. Mmmmm.

13. jillybear says:

Is it just me or has consumerist become some kind of shrill anti-fat blog?

we get it, you dont like fat people. now how about going back to doing mostly ON-topic stuff?

14. Xazy says:

I don’t know where else it is showing, but I saw this commercial on cable TV (Comedy Central, I think) in Tucson, AZ. College town. ;)

It doesn’t change my decision to eat/not eat at Burger King, but I think it’s the first commercial I’ve actually enjoyed seeing in a very long time. I think BK’s advertising department did good with this one.

15. stephclx3 says:

KRISTY

I don’t know what to do with this BK, in Norfolk, virginia, store #4251 location

Everytime I go to this BK, I always ending up having issues with them, it is either I got a cold burger or fries or the order was placed wrong, like today I order that cheeseburger, it seems to me that they got it out of the freezer, since the burger was so cold, I had to ask to speak to the manager on duty, gave me her name as(phyllis jones)and told me that she apologizes, the apology is not helping, due to the fact that I always have to complaints and nothing has been done, it’s always the same issues. I think BK should closed this location since the service is bad.