Crocs Buys Jibbitz

The ninth hymen of the apocalypse just broke.

Strangely popular gaudy shoemaker Crocs yesterday purchased strangely chintzy footwear accessory firm Jibbitz. In addition to the gemstones we posted yesterday, Jibbitz also sells Halloween themed Crocs add-ons. Barf me a river.

Crocs to Buy Jibbitz” [Reuters] (Thanks to Brandon!)

Comments

1. It’s not really a big secret but if you just lick the backside of a real candy corn you can stick it to just about anything – shoes, limbs, pets, whatever. Apply directly to the forehead if you prefer.

And I bet you can get a pound of the candy for a whole lot less than the plastic ones.

2. homerjay says:

I’m sure I speak for millions when I say “Biiiiiiig deeeeeeeal”

3. RumorsDaily says:

These shoes are like Lance Armstrong bracelets. They’re ugly and popular, I don’t understand either.

4. Falconfire says:

they are popular?

I dont know one person between work and home who even has a pair other than my mom, who uses them as gardening shoes

5. catsav says:

As a parent of young and frequently muddy children, I have a deep and abiding love for Crocs dishwashable footwear.

6. Sadly, I know people who adore crocs.

I tried on a pair just to see what the big deal was and it was kind of like sticking my feet into a pair of tires. I let out a collective “meh” and decided that 40 bucks was a bit pricey to spend on a pair of tires and went on my marry way.

7. LTS! says:

Crocs are the footwear of choice for a vast number of people in the hospital here. I guess they are easier to clean when fluids and other wonderful things are spilled onto them.

They are ugly.

8. etinterrapax says:

Those are now the footwear equivalent of those hideous embroidered holiday sweaters that no one, but especially not the people who wear them, should wear.

9. I don’t get it. Not at all. They’re just a trend that people are following, for no particular reason.

10. Ben was brave to go trudging through their site to find even more hidious offerings.

They are the ‘Novelty Sweater’ of footwear.

Believe it or not though, the people behind Jibbitz, made 10 million off the deal.

11. kerry says:

I mentioned this in the other post, but i’ll say it again and add an anecdote. I don’t get it, either. I was with a friend at the mall (who works at the same hospital as I do) and she saw the Crocs stand. She was like “oh, I’ve been meaning to get a pair of these.” Baffled, I responded with “oh, for the operating room?”
    “Oh,” she says. “I guess they would be good for that, too.”
    What the hell did she want them for in the first place? I was afraid to ask and I guess I’ll never know.

12. pigeonpenelope says: