Head-On Craze Reaches Boiling Point

Temporal Thermometer. Apply directly to the forehead!
Temporal Thermometer. Apply directly to the forehead!
Temporal Thermometer. Apply directly to the forehead!

What’s next, hamburgers pushed right against your third eye?

However, unlike the advertising a certain other product in this vein, the Temporal Artery Thermometer is non-invasive.

(Thanks to Adam!)

Comments

1. Anonymously says:

I have one, it works well. And yes, you really do apply directly to the forehead.

2. homerjay says:

I have one too. Its a great alternative to that stupid ear thing that you have to use several times in order to get a concensus temperature. Plus sticking that thing in an infected 4-year olds year REALLY REALLY REALLY sucks.

3. LintMan says:

Yep, we have one too. I bought it several years ago. Much easier to use on a squirmy sick 3-4 year old than the other kinds. You start towards the front of the head and slide it back towards the temple/ear.

4. etinterrapax says:

They’ve made something like this for some time now. Do any of you remember those forehead thermometers that were just a plastic strip, and to get a reading, you held it there for several minutes until one of the bars on the front changed color? They weren’t terribly accurate, but they must have seemed like a boon to parents whose other alternative was rectal thermometry.

5. (full disclosure: I’m the Adam who took this picture.)

Yeah, it definitely seems like the sort of thing that would make taking temperatures a lot less annoying. I remember the liquid-crystal forehead thermometers . . . I don’t recall them being too terribly accurate, but that might have had something to do with my brothers and I using ours for experiments. :-)

But you’ve gotta admit the similarity is striking.

6. homerjay says:

experiments? I’m afraid to ask…

7. Triteon says:

FYI: Head-On now has a joint-pain product. And the commercial is equally annoying.

8. homerjay: Think microwave. :-)

9. acambras says:

God help us if Head On starts making hemorrhoid cream. “Butt Cream — Apply directly to…”

10. homerjay says:

Microwave, huh? Why was I thinking penis?

11. acceptablerisk says:

I’m not really sure what started this HeadOn “craze.” They’ve had the same commercial for many many years. Why is it, all of a sudden, so funny recently?

12. Mr. Gunn says:
  13. Mr. Gunn says:

acambras – You mean like this?

14. acambras says:

Grady — Is that website from the same people?

Still, it’s no good unless there’s repeated, gratuitous use of the word “anus” (or suitable synonym) — they have to say it at least three times, right?