State Farm Lacks Persistence of Vision

State Farm is convinced that Rick was involved in a hit and run in San Francisco in July, even though he was out of town all that month and it seems they don’t even have the right license plate. Just to be sure, they stopped by Rick’s house to take photos of his car, a feat in and of itself as they intially demanded he bring it to their offices himself.

“The lady dropped by my flat today, 15 minutes before she said she would…. took a few dozen pictures of my car, which I asked to scan into my laptop from her memory card, so I’d know what they have in case they try to mutilate them using Photoshop, she refused saying she was a little rushed, so I told her they’d made me miss my morning meetings at work (which is true), she apologized, sarcastically remarking “try not to hit a car next time” and drove off.”

State Farm, you a bitch.

Previously:
Update: State Farm Isn’t All There
State Farm Isn’t All There

Comments

1. Just post a scan of her business card minus any ‘mutilations’.

2. ursonate says:

Wow. I wouldn’t have let them come over at all. Or maybe I’d take some pictures of her taking pictures.

3. gwai lo says:

I actually was in an accident and was having trouble getting a hold of and also scheduling a time for the guy to take the pictures.
    So he just showed up unannounced one morning at my door.
    At 6am.
    I had no idea who this freak was so I planned to ignore him.
    His solution: He knocked and knocked and knocked and knocked until someone answered.
    Creepy.

4. I would think that he would have some legal recourse since she just showed up, took photos of his property and took off.

5. Smoking Pope says:

I smell a lawsuit coming.

I also smell a call to State Farm corporate. I know I’d be climbing all over them after being treated like that.

6. Buga says:

Her sarcasm opens a huge door to allowing you to be a DICK

7. homerjay says:

Not for nuthin, but this is WAAAAY more important than a spat with some WalMart goon.
    This would really be a good focus for the Consumerists attention.

8. Nifle says:

I would state to her that she is traispasing and that you don’t have permission to take pictures of my car.

I would also come to their office unannounced with your folder of proof (with certified copies for them to retain) and your attorney’s business card.

Let them examine the certified copies seperately from the originals.

Then tell them to direct all questions to your attorney or you will press charges of harrassment.

9. Mr. Gunn says:

A typo in the headline, man! Come on! You’re better than that!

10. informer says:

I would have told them to fuck off from the very beginning. They treated you like shit from the start, for something you didn’t even do, you had no obligation to help them. What would they have done to you? They aren’t the police.

11. InsaneNewman says:

Man, have you gotten your insurance company in on this debacle yet? They should be on your side; after all, that’s what you pay them for, and they’re going to be the ones affected if State Farm keeps pursuing a bogus claim.

12. Xkeeper says:

“Sate” Farm?

If nothing else, double-check the headlines. That’s just unacceptable.

13. homerjay says:

If you’re looking for commenters to fire like Gawker has been doing lately, I nominate all those people that waste comments on pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes. Who cares?? They’re bloggers, not journalists.

14. Ben Popken says:

Every time we typo, an angel is molested.

15. …so I’d know what they have in case they try to mutilate them using Photoshop…

Even if they did, isn’t on record somewhere that your license plate number is not the one they are saying was on the car in the accident? Not that I don’t think having copies of their pictures is a good idea, I’m just wondering how their faked pictures would be better proof than offical records.

16. Anonymously says:

I agree with your first comment, homerjay. This story is much more interesting and important that the pissing contest with the PR guy.

17. homerjay says:

You don’t agree with my second comment? :)

18. Triteon says:

I’ll agree with you, Homer. Both times!

19. homerjay says:

Awww… I knew we had a special connection, Triteon.

20. Namrepus221 says:

By law, if she came onto your property and you refused to allow her to take pictures they were illegally obtained.

She would’ve had to take the pictures from a “public” area (street or sidewalk) atleast 10 yards from your property

Unless you part your car on the street, in which case you are both on public property and anything goes.

I say get a lawyer and fight this. They have potentially illegally obtained evidence, and have slandered you. They should pay.

21. AcilletaM says:

Hey you two, get a room!

22. Xkeeper says:

No, it’s when you make a typo in the headline (for me, at least). The headline is the #1piece of information that will get people to read it, and a typo in that section will just drive people away thinkng that it’s some ameteur crap.

And yes, I know, I can’t spell at all either.

23. Ben Popken says:

You spelled “ameteur” wrong.