Absolutely Nightmarish Tickle Me Elmo TMX in Action

In 1963, Charles Beaumont penned the classic Twilight Zone Episode, “The Living Doll.” In it, a possessed plastic doll named Talking Tina (and voiced by none other than June Foray, the voice of Rocket J. Squirrel) plots to kill Telly Savalas, a bitter husband who cruelly treats his stepfather to cope with his own impotence.

In the 42 years since, there’s never been a doll that comes close to being as terrifying. But that was before Tickle Me Elmo T.M.X. landed on retailer’s shelves.

Holy Zombie Jesus! The next Elmo doll is going to actually have to be programmed to slit your achilles heel so it can get to the jugular to be any more nightmarish. A great gift for the child of your worst enemy.

Comments

1. mactbone says:

My nephew (almost one) has an Elmo that sings part of “Shout” while rocking back and forth. Sometimes he tips over, which is part of the design because he asks for “a little help please.” I don’t like to listen to it much, but the kid loves that thing.

2. FLConsumer says:

I can’t help but think of this video whenever someone says Tickle Me Elmo:

“Oh boy, that tickles.”

I’d imagine the new one’s arm movements would produce some good ‘ol booty slappin’.

3. imoutthere says:

It’s certainly more talented than Savalas.

4. missdona says:

It’s a little chucky-like, yet hysterical.

5. KevinQ says:

If you think that’s scary, just wait for the inevitable video of Elmo laughing with his fur removed. That, my friends, will be frightening.

K

6. Xkeeper says:

This kind of thing makes me wish I wasn’t using LagNet (also known as “LagunaBroadcasting.net”, but it’s [laggy, broken, slow, pick two]…)

Makes me wonder how long before someone gets to hackin’ it and makes it say somewhat more demonic things. Or at least slows it down plenty so it sounds … evil.

7. Yep says:

Crap. I just bought one yesterday to give my toddler for Xmas. Might need to rethink that, or my wife will be the one to slit my jugular. That is the creepiest thing I’ve seen since the Welch’s Grape Juice Girl.

8. JackieTreehorn says:

They should call it Tickle Me Elmo THC. The thing seems stoned more than possessed.

9. Antediluvian says:

It looks like the poor thing had a stroke — it’s not moving its left arm at all. And the way it talks… “Elmo should see doctor.”

The way it always gets up to its feet in a robotic, menacing fashion — it reminds me of the Terminator. In fuzzy red form.

Listen. And understand. That [TMX] is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

10. Hooray4Zoidberg says:

He certianly is an engergetic little bugger isn’t he.

11. suprnate says:

Looks to me like “Seizure Me Elmo” is a more appropriate name

12. Mojosan says:

Sorry to the the dry blanket…but I thought it was cute and funny and little kids will love it.

13. AcilletaM says:

Man, the way his arm goes nuts you could use this as the video for Tool’s Sober.

It’s the unblinking eyes that freak me out.

14. Ben Thoma says:

All you need to see is the defensive reaction of a dog to know that something is not right.

15. Triteon says:

Elmo knows where you live.

16. bxurbanlegend says:

I’ve never really cared for the Tickle Me Elmo but after watching this video I want one for myself. This is one of the best toys I’ve seen in a long time.

17. I love the dog! Definitely the greatest part of the whole video.

18. Jon R. says:

That’s all it does? What a boring toy! I would think that kids would get tired of it after 5 or 10 minutes.

19. The dogs reaction had me laughing.
    Good thing it’s articulation is limited.
    As it doesn’t seem to be armored, I should be able to take it out with one well placed shotgun blast when the robot uprising begins.

20. gotbock says:

This is a toy right? So how does one actually play with it? Seems like all you can really do is watch it make a fool of itself. Wow. Sounds like lots of fun. For about 5 minutes.

21. masd says:

That dog’s mind was totally blown.

22. konstantConsumer says:

that is an intense masturbation session.

and i’m totally getting one for my dog. martha will destroy it.

23. WMeredith says:

I thought that was great. You guys are really looking to be creeped out.

24. jonnypage says:

Man, that dog is awesome. That is EXACTLY how my dog would act if I got a TMX. Well, he’d bark at it more, and probably try to eat it.

25. ElizabethD says:

The dog knows that Elmo is possessed. Be afraid, parents!

26. Plasmafire says:

I can’t wait for someone to make a video, with Elmo doused in gasoline, starting to laugh, then someone lights a match, and we get to see if fire makes it laugh too.

27. North of 49 says:

please!!! do it! do it!!!

28. Xkeeper says:

Or you could try putting it in a microwave…

29. scottw says:

I tried fire. Fire just pisses it off. And burns up your dog and burns down your house; trust me on this one. From the smoke and ashes comes TMXC Elmo. Laughing.

30. sammi2116 says:

I love that thing!!!!! I don’t have any young kids and have put in a request to get one for Xmas. You know…laughter is suppose to be contagious and that thing would be a definite pick me up.