Friday Fashion Advice

Originally published in the article ‘Dollar Store War’ by Robert Morgan of the The Town Talk newspaper of Alexandria-Pineville, Louisiana.

Comments

1. 24fan24 says:

Just gave it a try my self and just got an I’m sorry. :( No free coffee for me.

2. 24fan24 says:

Dam am I stupid I commented on the wrong post!

3. sorry, but even the promise of freaky nekkid sideshow chicks strolling the aisles wouldn’t make me want to shop there. if you can’t bring yourself to dress up to walmart-caliber standards, do the world a favor and learn to shop from home.
    this article makes me sad.

4. Keira says:

Dollar Tree wares are infinitely more practical and aesthetically pleasing than those people attempt to knit themselves, so at least they’re not at the absolute bottom of the fashion barrel.

5. Morton Fox says:

People dress up to go to Wal-Mart?

6. Wait. This is really old. I am pretty sure I posted the same thing on my blog a while back.

I was at Target looking for king size pillow cases [they sometimes have 'em], and two women were looking at stuff, and one goes ‘what’s a dew-vette cover?’[looking at the duvet covers]. I giggled a bit, but then felt bad for being snobby.

Is that wrong?

7. giggling, no. feeling bad, yes.

8. LafinJack says:

“People dress up to go to Wal-Mart?”

It’s probably like church, another place to go to compare clothes with your peers.

9. ADM says:

Hey Bon Jour, this wasn’t the Target in Mt. Vernon, NY, was it? I heard somebody say *exactly* the same thing there last Saturday. Although, now that I think about it, somebody probably says that every Saturday at some Target somewhere.

I also heard a lady talking about how her son never ate baby food, just yogurt, milk, and juice.

10. kittikin says:

Goddamn right. Fuckin Walmart shoppers think they are so high and mighty …

11. amazon says:

dthw: agreed :)

12. Nope, it was here in Denver.