Florian Is Out To Lunch

We called Mile Hi Aereation hoping to reach Florian McCann. We were going to pose as someone interested in buying the email list he created from DefendMyStreet.com. Unfortunately, he was out to lunch. When we were first shuffled to his mailbox, we couldn’t leave a message because it was full. Let us tell you, consumer reporting doesn’t get more exciting than this.

powered by ODEO

Why did we use our real name? We don’t know, we’re stupid and couldn’t think of anything better on the spot. The sirens in the background provide a nice touch, don’t you think?

We’re well aware he’ll proly never call back, but we just wanted to give it a shot. Man, our tele-sales skillz are mad rusty. A good thing, that, in some ways.

Comments

1. bambino says:

Dude, you could totally be a voice double for woody allen. And no, ‘a business proposal he might like’ doesn’t sound fishy at all.

2. ChazB says:

Judging by the quality of business this guy seems to have been offering I bet the call goes to his house. The receptionist is probably his wife or, more likely, underage mistress, his “office” is really his bedroom, and “out to lunch” means doing lines of coke off of the naked bodies of teen hookers.

I could be completely wrong though.

3. asdf123 says:

Just out of curiousity, why were all of your responses delayed by about 2 seconds?

4. frankt says:

I stumbled accross your site while researching that website. They left a flier on my door and went to the site. I smelled a rat right away and started poking around. I contacted all the local news agencies in Denver. 2 of them called back and one is actually going to run a story on this. Anything i should make sure they run? Post back here so i can see.

5. Ben Popken says:

I think the delay is caused by the Skype phone software.

6. Ben Popken says:

Which station is going to run the story? Channel 7? Make sure they talk about how Florian has several failed companies in Denver cited for scamming customers. Tell them also to say that The Consumerist reported it first :-)

7. The Reviewer says:

OMG, I got your phone number!!!

8. frankt says:

Channel 31 is going to do it. I will credit you guys for sure. I want to also make sure whne they say it technically not illegal to do it, consumers can show thier displeasure by not using Mile Hi, and make sure nobody does. I keep calling the lady who answers the phone plays stupid. Sends me to different voicemails everytime. I want to write a script that will continually add fake addresses to the website. I have his BBB record, Colorado Courts, and everything you have posted.