Motionbox: Video Sharing Site Of The Future

Just the other day we were trying to explain “ghost riding the whip” to Ray Wert over at Jalopnik. After we got over our shock that he hadn’t heard of the phenom where people let their car roll, pump the music and then jump around the car and dance, I pointed Ray to E-40’s music video for “Tell Me When to Go” to explain. He was still confused so I had to tell him to click to 2:30. BUT…

…If I had been using Motionbox, I could’ve just sent him a link to the specific section. Motionbox has unveiled new features today allowing users to tag and link to individual video sections. Totally sweet.

They need more content but the potential is huge. We’re a fan.

Comments

1. bambino says:

Okay so I realize the point of this post was Motionbox, but ‘ghost ride the whip’? Seriously. If you do this, please look me in the eye and tell me. Then I’ll know what true stupidity looks like.

2. Ben Popken says:

I don’t have a whip to ghost ride. Well, actually, my whip is a fixed gear track bicycle. It doesn’t fare too well with standing up straight if I’m not on it.

3. bambino says:

Ben, I was speaking to the general readership of Consumerist. I know you’re a bicycle-wielding hippy.

I kid, I kid.

4. AcilletaM says:

Great, that song will be playing in my head the rest of the day.

5. JackieTreehorn says:

I don’t think I’ve ever felt more white than I did after watching that video.

Golly!

6. AcilletaM says:

Jackie, I know exactly what you mean. While I have heard most of the sayings before and they were even showing their teeth on the video, when they said “Show ya grill”, I couldn’t stop myself from thinking of my Weber gas grill in my garage.

7. Clare says:

How the heck did you two get into a discussion of “ghostriding the whip?”

(Put ya stunna shades on! Put ya stunna shades on!)

8. Ben Popken says:

Oh, he had made a video of him trying out some fancy new car. I told him he should’ve included a part where he submits the vehicle to a “ghost ride the whip” test.