Blogobitchin!

• iTunes back to school playlists use cagey euphemisms for various cliques, like “The Faithful” – “identifiable only by their bracelets, charms and accessories containing certain symbols or page numbers from sacred texts” and “Exchange Students” – “because nothing livens up a party like a half-drunk Latvian girl singing “Hollaback Girl” in broken English.” [Gayer Mechanic Wales]
• People are getting spam on email addresses they only use on their Ameritrade account. Not just any spam, pump-and-dump penny stock spam. Sounds like a brute force spamsploision to us but these people are convinced Ameritrade data is compromised. [Bill Katz]
• I wanted an elliptical machine, not a Mobius striptease! [Free Money Finance]
• If you run an email promotion, Cingular, make sure the products are being offered for less than what people would pay by going to your very own website. [eCommerce Cache]

Comments

1. bigroblee says:

To clarify on the Cingular section; the discounted pricing that was shown with the school discount is no commitment pricing, the web site prices are with a two year contract. That is an important distinction.

2. Ben Popken says:

Chris M. writes:

“That little asterix next to the school discount pricing says you have to sign up for the same 2-year deal as regular customers. It would be an important distinction if it was a no commitment price, but it is not.”

3. Triteon says:

No one says that a “special offer” has to be priced less than what is regularly available, except the informed consumer!

4. Anonymous says:

Stolen tape? EmigrantDirect has Ameritrade beat — I applied for an add-on CD to my savings account through their site, using their login information, and immediately started getting spammed (in addition to getting my CD). In retrospect, it’s no surprise that they moved to a brand new, verify-by-mail login system around the same time.

5. Anonymous says:

Stolen tape? EmigrantDirect has Ameritrade beat — I applied for an add-on CD to my savings account through their site, using their login information, and immediately started getting spammed at my ED address (in addition to getting my CD) with the same pump and dump scams mentioned above. In retrospect, it’s no surprise that they moved to a brand new, verify-by-mail login system around the same time.