iPod in Toilet Leads To Emergency Landing

Under new security regulations, even fetid catassers are terrorists.

It all started when an avid World of Warcraft player on his way to Canada to visit a fellow player accidentally dropped his iPod in an airplane toilet. Unfortunately, he didn’t realize the extra “plunk” as it dropped into the loo until sometime later, at which point, he alerted stewardesses.

But problem: stewardesses had already panicked about the mysterious electronic device in the toilet. And they’d called the feds. Over the airplane intercom, a grim voice cautioned people not to panic: “Folks, this is the captain. I don’t want to alarm you, but we’ve found a suspicious device in the front lavatory. Now, we think it’s probably nothing, but in this day and age … you can never be too careful. We’ll be landing at Ottawa, where we will await further instructions.”

After the plane shrieked down for an emergency landing, the incredulous gamer was hauled under the spotlights and has his subversiveness sweat out of him, during which time they asked him about this magical online game called World of Warcraft and such hard-hitting questions like “Do you want a romantic relationship with the girl you’re going to visit?” and “If you and she were drunk together, and she turned to you and said, “Let’s go”, what would you say?” Oh, and what he thought of 9/11 and Iran.

Our Kotaku sister, Eliza Gauger, says it best: Fuck the TSA.

I played WoW, I became a terrorist (story!) [World of Warcraft Forums] (via Kotaku)

Comments

1. Wow…that is frightening…I mean…he wasn’t even wearing a shirt with Arabic writing on it and they still treated him like that?!

In all seriousness though, as I said before, my worst airport security experience was actually in Vancouver Canada(interrogated 3 times, searched twice), those mounties don’t fuck around…

2. Jesse McBesse says:

“Mysterious electronic device”?? It’s a damn iPod! What’s so mysterious about that?? And why the hell did he take his iPod into the bathroom?? This is too weird…

3. Morgan says:

Jesse- If you read the story, it says he had the iPod on a belt clip. Since he took the belt into the bathroom, the iPod came with him.

4. Triteon says:

I don’t think it’s called the TSA in Canada.
    And when I’m carrying my $400(US) electonic device I keep track of it.

5. Hooray4Zoidberg says:

“”Fantasy … like it’s got wizards and warlocks?”
    “Well, it’s got warlocks.” (And they need to be nerfed.)”

Ha, stupid warriors, if he was a lock he could have cast death coil on the detective and escaped while he was running around in horror. Leave it to a warrior to stand there and take it.

6. Ishmael says:

Ha, stupid warlocks. If he was a priest, he could cast Control Mind and make one of the TSA agents kill the other ones, then write the report that it was all just a horrible, horrible accident.

7. Morton Fox says:

Stop putting iPods in the toilet, Mister, or I’ll turn this plane around!

8. Smoking Pope says:

“If you and she were drunk together, and she turned to you and said, ‘Let’s go’ what would you say?”

That site’s blocked where I’m at. Did the TSA really ask that? Because if they did, they’ve got some serious pervs over there.

The correct answer if Agent Smith from the TSA asks you that, by the way, is “Ok, just let me pull out of Agent Smith’s mom first.”

9. Anonymously says:

Wow, if that’s true, that’s seriously f’ed up. I’m waiting for the “You’ve been Punk’d” post though.

10. RandomHookup says:

Folks, as much as it is fun bashing the TSA, this is appropriate time to ‘blame Canada.’ iPod dude never mentioned the TSA in his post.

He was in Canada and it sounds like he was interviewed by Customs and some police types. So perhaps, Fuck the Mounties.