Consumerist Tshirts: Vote!

Gawker Media polls require Javascript; if you’re viewing this in an RSS reader, click through to view in your Javascript-enabled web browser.

Comments

1. Caveat Venditor and Brand Killer are great! I wanna vote twice…

2. SigSauer says:

I will only say that if Brand Killer wins, I want a free shirt.

3. thesilentnight says:

Brand Killer please. Also, maybe it should be Serial Brand Killer. I still don’t get the point of Buyer Beware. Shouldn’t it be Seller Beware?

4. robbie says:

“I’m thinking of writing…” should definitely have a period at the end for full effect.

5. homerjay says:

I don’t think you’re reading “Buyer. Beware.” correctly. If you pay attention to the periods it appears to be saying that the wearer is a buyer and you are to beware. Its takes a little reading into, like “This conversation may be recorded…”

6. wikkit says:

It kind of reminds me of the OBX stickers on all of the burb-boxes here
    in the northeast. It implies ‘I’m cooler than you ’cause I know what
    this means and you don’t.’ and somehow implies a secret little clique
    of ‘knowers’.

Its a tough choice

7. Pelagius says:

“I’m thinking of writing a strongly worded letter”

Perhaps this should go on the back, with the consumerist.com logo on the front left breast..

8. autonomousgerm says:

Make em all, you know, let the market decide.

9. c-side says:

The thing that doesn’t work for me about “Brand Killer” is The Consumerist is not just about about punishment, but it’s about transparency and accountability. I vote for the Latin “Caveat Venditor”, b/c I think it’s spot on in terms of The Consumerist’s purpose and mission. But I take wikkit’s point about its pretentiousness. Maybe on the back, where it says “consumerist.com”, above that it could say “(let the seller beware)” — a little translation for those less versed in ye olde languages.

10. bambino says:

consider me in the minority that doesn’t know what OBX stands for.

11. Mary Marsala with Fries says:

Apologies if this is a silly question, but why are we only voting on one? I use GoodStorm and can make all the T-shirts I want, and it’s easy and they’re cheap. Is there a cotton shortage in Gawkerland, or is this a case of deliberately-strangling-supply-to-stimulate-demand?

-MMwF

12. wikkit says:

There’s a stretch of beaches along North Carolina’s coast called the
    Outer Banks (OBX) that has become a fairly popular vacation desination.
    The stickers seems to have started a fad among the minivan crowd for
    plastering seemingly nonsensical acronym’s across their posteriors. RB
    (Rehoboth Beach, Delaware) seems to be another popular one.

13. Mauvaise says:

“I love “Caveat Veditor”, but its a little pretentious for something I’d wear out and about.”

Would it be less pretentious if I had it put on a tanktop?

14. AcidReign says:

…..I might be a mystery shopper is best. No one in Alabama will know what Caveat Veditor means, and a strongly-worded letter means it has “dang” in it.

15. wikkit says:

Mauvaise

As c-side said, caveat veditor is the perfect slogan for consumerist.
    Its spot on for the content. Do I really want to walk into a store
    sporting a shirt with Latin gibberish on it though? I’m either going to
    be:
    A) an ass because no one knows what it means
    B) an ass because someone had to ask what it means
    or C) witty

My guess is A) and B) will be more common in the stores I frequent.

16. Triteon says:

For all the buzz “Brand Killer” received it’s getting pounded.

17. Mauvaise says:

Wikkit:

I see it the other way around. It’s always going to be witty, the asses are the people that don’t know what it means.