Tap Icer Demo

Here’s an exciting way to save time when cracking ice, the Tap-Icer! Found this in a drawer here in the Poconos. They’re supposed to be good for crushing ice for martinis and mixed drinks.

“Place ice cube in palm of hand. With the other hand vibrate the Tap-Icer with wrist action. After a few light taps the ice cracks into many pieces. The special spring action does the trick. Vibrate about two to three inches above the flat surface of the ice… don’t pound.”

We didn’t read the instructions till afterwards. Anyone still use these?

Comments

1. Magister says:

About 20 years ago, when living at home.. My dad brought home this miracle ice breaking device. He had seen it demonstrated at a Brookstone or other store like it.

He held the ice then started vibrating the wand.. He thought it was a sonic ice breaker and was very disappointed when it didnt’ break the ice without touching… Ok, so maybe only funny to my family..

2. Aoife says:

So, that’s why there was ice all over the floor this morning.

3. magic8ball says:

Um. “The special spring action does the trick. Vibrate about two to three inches above the flat surface of the ice… don’t pound.” Excellent advice! Maybe you guys should have a new tag for “instructions that sound vaguely dirty when taken out of context.”

4. KevinQ says:

It’s interesting, but I really don’t think it’ll catch on with the “psycho-jilted-lover-with-ice-breaking-needs” crowd.

K

5. ‘Makes a mess…in a jiff!’

6. JMC says:

OMG, my mom had one of these, I remember it vividly…

7. Doug Nelson says:

Now I feel so silly using just the back of a spoon all these years.

8. denki says:

Should have put it in a bag first.
    How to break ice good be: ice in bag, bludgeon with hammer/mallet. Not only does it totally obliterate the ice, it scares the shit out of anyone around to hear the impact. If it’s small chunks of ice (and you are a macho sob), put ice in bag, hold ice in hand, smash ice against hard surface. I don’t recommend doing this against a refridgerator (not for your sake, well, yes for your sake once the person whos fridge it is sees the dent).

Why are there American Apparel ads on this site? Didn’t we already make fun of them and their products, services, corporate responsibility and hierarchical structure? I mean, I know you’ve got to pay the bills, but what’s next? AOL ads? Verizon ads?

9. Plasmafire says:

I like to use an ice pick, after all that’s what their for.