43 Rules’ Joanna Fired from McDonald’s

Joanna — the spitting, rage-filled contaminator of fast food who wrote the 43 Things Not To Do At McDonald’s List — has been fired.

“Ahh, they got a anonymous email from someone from the internet and they posted all my MySpace page out n’ all the rules and they fired me on the spot.” She was fired by the restaurant itself, corporate was not involved. They told her it was because they couldn’t have anybody messing around with food. She flatly denies ever doing that.

But her list flatly denies her denial. Number 13 specifically claims that she will mess with your food for the mere crime of coming into the restaurant during working hours: “Dont come into the lobby two minutes before we close. chances are ive already cleaned ,and it will only cause me to do unspeakable things to your (already stale) food.”

Anyway, now she’s fired. Good. She’s not too upset about it, having only worked the crummy job to save up for a car anyway. “It was a dead end job,” Joanna noted. Indeed. But maybe you have a career in writing ahead of you!

McRules woman possibly fired [AcilletaM, Inc.]

Comments

1. njsykora says:

As an employee of the golden arches myself I can sympathise with her fully. A normal 8 hour shift in that place gets so mind-numbingly boring once you enter the last few hours that you have to come up with ways to entertain yourself. Trying to remove the sarcasm and hatred from a Mcdonalds ‘kitchen’ is like standing in front of a moving train and telling it to stop. It just isn’t possible.

2. Pelagius says:

And Consumerist World Headquarters carves another notch in its laptop
    case… Though I’m not sure Joanna &mdashl (funny last name, is she
    a bushman?) belongs in the same category as AOL John and Sleepy Comcast
    Guy.

3. any such name says:

yeah…. a career in writing if she has an editor that wants to work overtime.
    sorry, but one thing bitch cannot do is write. she needs to stick to flippin’ burgers.

4. something_amazing says:

I don’t think the consumerist had any hand in her getting fired.

In a way, I can see her point– she was clearly joking in her 43 rules. On the other hand, just the way she wrote some of her add-ons to the list you got the distinct impression she was everything that you hated about poor service at McDonalds.

In the long run she got what she deserved.

5. Triteon says:

Joanna: In cyberspace no one can hear you laugh.

6. B says:

Any such name’s sarcasm detector is broken.

7. Morton Fox says:

It’s safe once again to go to McDonald’s! (Well, okay, not really.)

8. gte910h says:

I called that McD’s the day Consumerist posted the survey, asking for
    her. They said she no longer worked there (that very same day).

–Michael

9. adamondi says:

Good riddance to bad rubbish (and horrible, snotty employees).

10. Triteon says:

I know where she can find 101 ways to save money now that she’s unemployed….

11. creamsissle says:

43 Things Not To Do At Wendy’s

Coming soon to a LiveJournal near you…

12. ‘I know where she can find 101 ways to save money now that she’s unemployed….’

I love the commenters on Consumerist!

13. Jesse in Japan says:

Now, now, we don’t know what she means by “unspeakable things.” Maybe she just gives the food the middle finger or makes offhand comments towards it.

14. North of 49 says:

It doesn’t matter which restaurant she worked at. Any threat to “poison” food would be taken seriously. A 4* I used to live near would more than gladly refund your money or better if there was anything wrong with the food. I found a hair once and they refused to let me pay for it even though I had eaten everything else on my plate but that one food item (it was an omlet breakfast). They have compensated people for other detrius like screws (they never did figure out how that got into the food) and other stuff. McDonald’s has NEVER compensated me for my broken tooth that was broken because a bead from an employee’s elaborate hairdo fell into the flurry I had for desert. I have a hate on for McDs and do not let them get away with stuff like missed portions of my order, giving me food I don’t want (tomatoes) and anything else that is standard. I’ve called head office 3 time zones away a few times to complain because the management didn’t do anything about hygiene (I can spell tonight) of the place (ketchup on the floor of the play area that my child slipped on), more than 1 mistake on an order and more. Yah, I’ve had some small compensation, but nothing about my tooth.
    I should write a letter even though it has been almost 7 years since that incident happened.