Pix of First Dell Store

Dallas, TX got a glimpse of Dell’s foray into the retail world.

The look appears to be a mix between Minority Report and a jewelry store.

Now Dell just needs to open a giant Manhattan cube store. However, theirs will be constructed out of waxed obsidian.

More pix inside…

dd1.jpg

dd2.jpg

dd3.jpg

dd4.jpg

dd5.jpg

[Gadetall via Gizmodo]

Comments

1. GenXCub says:

You forgot the state-of-the-art fire retardant system.

2. Glass…colored light…and fake woodgrain panel from the 70s? I don’t get it.

And as cheesy and kind of alienating as I may find the new Nokia store here in Chicago, at least one can, you know, *buy something* there. Good grief, Dell.

3. Uh oh... Cleveland says:

Why are the clerks from Best Buy working there? Does that mean they’ll be pushing Dell extended warranties?

4. Sheik says:

I bet that store will look beautiful once those batteries heat up

5. mariser says:

lame-o

6. aka Cat says:

I wonder what kind of lights they used to make the glowy tops on those podiums. Or is it a special glass/plexi with an ordinary lightbulb underneath?

(Yeah, I like shiny things. Sue me.)

7. Clare says:

CatMoran, I like shiny things too. Try this, though: It sounds infinitely sexier and more pretentious when you say you’re “a fan of industrial design.”

8. bambino says:

The blue shirt/khakis outfit must be a joke. MUST BE.

9. njsykora says:

And with the beginnings of high street retail, the only reason for buying a Dell evaporates.

10. Demingite says:

There are some advantages to having a branded retail outlet. But there are better and worse ways to manage such things. I hope Dell uses good theory (which would probably include not doing anything like Best Buy does). Apple stores seem to work pretty well. I thought Gateway stores also worked well, but Gateway gradually closed all its stores, which was a considerable inconvenience to me as a (former) customer. (I still feel negatively about Gateway because of that.)